meli olin mi

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janMato

meli olin mi

Post by janMato »

tenpo lili la mi kama sona e meli sin. meli ni li tan ma Kuwan. taso tenpo ni la meli ni li lon poka tomo mute mi.

meli ni li pona tan nasin ona. meli ni li ken pali e moku kepeken pali lili kepeken nanpa lili. tomo pi meli ni li jo e ijo pi nanpa lili. * nasin pi meli ni li sama nasin Sin pi jan Puta.

pali pi meli ni li ni: ona li awen e lipu mute e sitelen tawa tawa jan mute.

* I still can't disambiguate simple/simplicity/zen like simplicity and good
jan Kapiwe

My way to say "simple"

Post by jan Kapiwe »

The way I use to say "simple" is jo ala e namako. I am not sure if namako is an official tp word, but it is on the official website and it means something extra, accesories, something that is not actually necessary. A few examples:

toki pona li jo ala e namako.

toki pona jo e namako lili.

namako kule* li pona tawa meli.

*namako kule = make-up.
mi mute o musi!
janMato

Re: meli olin mi

Post by janMato »

That's not bad- I'll mentally add that to my list of possibilities.

namako is jan Sonja canon & so safe to use (unless you strongly feel that toki pona should have less than 125 words)
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

janMato wrote:taso tenpo ni la meli ni li lon poka tomo mute mi.
she is near your numerous homes/houses. do you own a real estate company?
pali pi meli ni li ni: ona li awen e lipu mute e sitelen tawa tawa jan mute.
she stops many pages and draws mooving (may be makes films) for many people
janSilipu

Post by janSilipu »

"keeps", "stop" for 'a wen' seems to be a mistake. She is a librarian with a collection of books and films (probablydvr disks nowadays). I'm not sure about 'Lon poka tomo mute mi', though. I think that target is "very close to my house" and I am not sure how to say that (but pretty sure this isn't it).
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan Kipo is spot on.

Oops, I confused "ma tomo" and "tomo mute" (building). Internally I'm thinking of city as "place of many building", so "ma tomo mute", or if it was just a bunch of buildings then "tomo mute", which equally sounds like a bunch of rooms. Meh, I should use proper modifiers.

mi lon ma tomo Awinton. en meli ni li lon ma tomo pi kasi suli mute Takoma. ma tu ni li poka sama.
janSilipu

Post by janSilipu »

No 'en'
I think the compound preposition are nt yet torn free of there copoundedness, so 'Lon poka pi tomo mute mi'
'ma pi tomo mute' not " many cities" but "a place of many buildings"
'ma ni li poka sama' ? This place is near itself? ahah! "These cities are near one another". Not hardly quite! Not even on the same coast (another bad reading). Maybe 'ma tu ni' would help.
janMato

Post by janMato »

These are cities/regions of Washington DC-- Tacoma, WA vs Takoma Park, MD. Proper modifiers are the most specific words in the language, so on one hand using them more should help readability on the other hand they are a bugger to recognize without previous memorization.
janSilipu

Post by janSilipu »

A so des' I wondered about the'ma pi kasi suli mute' which usUally means "forest", which fit in --albeit awkwardly-- with my Tacoma. What is a good expression for "park" (ignoring the problem that cities -- and submissions -- with that word in their names usually aren't and don't have one)?
janMato

Post by janMato »

In canon, jan Sonja seems to favor tokiponizing the entire name, even if parts are transparent compounds/phrases, e.g.

ma Papuwanijukini

and

ma Nusilan

so

ma tomo Takomapawiki

But in the languages, we have mixed

toki Elena pi tenpo pini

toki Nosiki sin

toki sitelen Pisinpo Blissymbols (In this case, Symbol ended up in the modifier and in the "sitelen")

I prefer the mixed strategy, when the source proper noun is transparent (e.g. Chicago's original meaning isn't transparent anymore)