musi pi nanpa luka pi jan Katulu

Creativity: Poetry, music, comics, etc.
Kreado: Poezio, muziko, bildrakontoj, ktp.
Mako

Re: musi pi nanpa luka pi jan Katulu

Post by Mako »

janKipo wrote:On some thread or other, someone suggested that all 'wile' are about someone's wants and the trick is to find out whose, then use that for subject and original subject's action for object. I don't know how practical this is, but it ties in with the principle of holding the responsible responsible that led to dropping passive voice.

'o S la', while grammatical, does not have an interpretation, or, rather, would be taken as a desired condition: 'o S1 la S2' = o(S1 la S2) "Would that, if S1, S2". I'm not sure whether any grammar actually can generate that form, but I have seen 'o tenpo kama la S', which didn't give anyone the heebie-jeebies.

No bahuvrihi (exocentric compounds) in tp. That is to say, every noun phrase refers to the sort of thing its head noun says it is, not to some related thing. So Red Caps (len lawa loje) are caps, not the people who wear them. Thus, 'pilin uta' refers to a pilin, not a person who pils.

OK. I suppose 'tenpo taso' does mean that, though 'tenpo wan taso' is safer and 'tenpo wan' actually works as well.
I had 'tenpo wan' before. :roll: And kiss (at least among my ethnic group - I suppose Inuit would say 'pilin nena'), is a 'mouthly touch'.

o sina sona e nimi pona tawa ijo ni la sina toki e ona tawa mi!

I have to repeat the subject multiple times to strike a balance between reasonable line length and the lack of subordinate clauses in TP. And, honestly, this poem is deliberately repetitive.