nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
janMato

Re: nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:h for eta, aitch, I assume -- but that ain't right neither. What language are you shooting for?
Which thread were you responding to? If it was about toki pona spelling proposals, the results of the 3 current proposals are here:

http://tokipona.net/tp/SpellWords.aspx

It supports, Greek, English and "military/radio" spelling.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Akesimun swearing on the last line but one of his latest post.
janMato

Post by janMato »

a! mama mije pi laso suli o!

Looks like he's speaking PIE or Dngnu.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Dngnu? His PIE is suspect, iirc -- but then, there are as many PIE as there are IE comparative philologists.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

janKipo wrote:Dngnu? His PIE is suspect, iirc -- but then, there are as many PIE as there are IE comparative philologists.
a a a! jan Kipo is right. tenpo ni kin la mi toki ike e toki Tunku (Tunu? Unku? tenpo li mute. mi wile lape. mi sona ala). I should've said Dyeu Phter (vocative of deiwos/dyeus).
janMato wrote:a! mama mije pi laso suli o!

Looks like he's speaking PIE or Dngnu.
jan Mato o. You're kinda right, too, though I was really just aiming for a vaguely humorous plea to an old god of whom I don't fully reject the improbable but not totally impossible existence to save me from the ike of modern toki pona, and decided to use an interesting prehistoric tongue. As for Dnghu.org and MIE, btw, I honestly don't really like the idea of turning PIE into a fully functional modern language, though, especially for political reasons. It just seems.. I dunno.. vaguely wrong in a way, or at the very least pointless. There's all kinds of perfectly good Indo-Europeans out there for those who want to learn its descendents.

But on the main topic, I'm up to 26 (counting the English spelling system on jan Mato's website). Are there any more I'm missing? Or, even better, a finished version of nasin sitelen pi nimi sitelen / anybody willing to finish it?
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan Akesimun wrote: Are there any more I'm missing? Or, even better, a finished version of nasin sitelen pi nimi sitelen / anybody willing to finish it?
One more:
https://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcjj3x9z_69dxqkd4f9

Originally submitted to the jan sona website. I don't think this is represented on the list.

And the ideographic one that one that is hosted on an italian website (I don't remember exactly which), really is incomplete, that was all there was.
janMato

Post by janMato »

One more writing system, I think this one is brand new, never seen before:

http://fiestoforo.blogspot.com/2011/04/ ... -toki.html

It is one symbol per word, I can't say I grok how the grid works. The google translate of the spanish implies word assignment to the grid of symbols was arbitrary (i.e. non-phonetic)

So this might not be an abugida.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Arbitrary indeed, except for some considerations of frequency: function words and pronouns are simpler. The first example is not quite right, given his transliterations.
Last edited by janKipo on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Arbitrary indeed, except for some considerations of frequency: function words and pronouns are simpler. The first example is not quite right, given his transliterations.
The notation seems to be hexadecimal at heart, using two hexes per word So the whole could be made simpler, though no less opaque, by just using two hexadecimal numerals, 0-F.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

Added to the list as well. So far what I've got in my papers are: Latin, Futhark, Greek, Cyrillic, Georgian Hebrew, Arabic, Hangul, Tengwar, Pinwino, Musisan, Glyphic, Hanzi, Nihonji, Piwan, Mika, sitelen suwi, the two-letter code, Nelanth, Devanagari, Egyptian Hieroglyphs, Theiling, Braille, the new character set, Maika, and the incomplete heiroglyph set.
Yo estuve aquí.