nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan Akesimun

nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Post by jan Akesimun »

mi wile sitelen e lipi pi nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona. taso mi sona ala e ali. ona li seme?

So far I have the Latin alphabet, Hangul, Tengwar, Kana, the Pona alphabet, Mushi-san's alphabet, the "linja wan" syllabary, the Heiroglyphs (jan Josan's, the Unicode, and that Nelanth one), and the 00 version of the two-letter code. Anyone know if there are any more made or adapted for toki pona?
Last edited by jan Akesimun on Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo estuve aquí.
janKipo

Re: nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Post by janKipo »

I can't think of any, but wait a couple of weeks. Also, use the search engine here to find any more in either this section or in the archives. I'm reasonably sure someone has done Cyrillic, but can't think who. Arabic and Hebrew are obvious additions and other original schemes (check conlangs.org and similar sites for those originally intended for some other language).
janMato

Post by janMato »

Latin alphabet- Check. Hangul- Check. Tengwar- Check. Kana- Check.

Of the above, really, any syllabary or alphabet that has 14 sounds can write toki pona. What is particularly interesting are scripts that go beyond transliterating and do something useful in the context of toki pona.

But don't forget the Japanese Kanji/Kata Kana : http://onclepom.u7n.org/tokiPona/tpTranscriber.php
the Pona alphabet -- I'm only finding scraps of this one on google images. Is it up anywhere at the moment?
Mushi-san's alphabet, (Ah, the one with the half circles)
the "linja wan" syllabary-- What? I can't find this one. Do you have a link?

the Heiroglyphs jan Josan's.
jan Josan also did the chinese : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1519&hilit=chinese#p8261
the Unicode -- Henrik Theiling
and that Nelanth one -- Who? I see his name in the archive, I can't find any of his work.
the 00 version of the two-letter code-- jan Ante

This one is new to me:
http://ildisordine.files.wordpress.com/ ... itelen.png

I know there is another one based on sign post-type icons.

And sign language-- somewhere.

There were rumors of cuneiform, but I can't see how that would work. The phonotactics of tp and mesopotamian languages don't match up very well.

Sorry I can't post all my links here, the forum only allows 4 links per post.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

I have Mimoku's sitelen pona, just no ready way to pass it on at the moment.
Can't find some of the others either. Cuneiform was used for several unrelated (and very different) languages, so adapting it to tp shouldn't be that much of a problem -- if you're inclined to do that sort of thing.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

I've never seen nasin sitelen pi nimi sitelen. pona a! Do you have any more sources/examples of it, or know who the creator is? I put the examples on the website in the heiroglyphs section in my papers.

As for the Pona alphabet (Alphasyllabary? I can't say I'm too clear on what the difference is..) and the linja wan syllabary, I got them both from: http://translate.google.com/translate?j ... Fart-pisma

The original site was in Polish, and I think by jan Ote. There's a link to it on jan Josan's site and under the "lipu pi sitelen toki ali" thread in this forum. It has those two, Hangul (Of which I would appreciate it greatly if somebody found more examples), Tengwar, Linja Wan, Nelanth, Unicode, a version of the Two Letter Code, and parts of the Heiroglyphic system. That was my primary source for all of the nonofficial systems, with jan Pije's site for Tengwar examples.

I think I found a website for the sign language somewhere, but it was down or under construction or something.. and I've never heard of one with post sign icons. Where are they at?

The Chinese/Kanji link doesn't work. It goes to a Google link for "Toki Pona in Blissymbols" or something.
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan Akesimun wrote:I've never seen nasin sitelen pi nimi sitelen. pona a! Do you have any more sources/examples of it, or know who the creator is? I put the examples on the website in the heiroglyphs section in my papers.

As for the Pona alphabet (Alphasyllabary? I can't say I'm too clear on what the difference is..) and the linja wan syllabary, I got them both from:
Ah! jan Ote's site indeed. You browse the web in Latin? That's hardcore.
I think I found a website for the sign language somewhere, but it was down or under construction or something.. and I've never heard of one with post sign icons. Where are they at?
Sign language: http://www.ipernity.com/group/luka
There is a section on sign language in the current jan Sonja wiki, : http://en.tokipona.org/wiki/Category:Sign_language

Katakana + Kanji: http://onclepom.u7n.org/tokiPona/tpTranscriber.php (look for the pdf link on this page to get to the other kanji proposal)
The Chinese/Kanji link doesn't work. It goes to a Google link for "Toki Pona in Blissymbols" or something.
The Chinese one is on the forums. Search for Chinese or maybe this is a better link: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=1519#p8261
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Sonja's site says "Nothing here yet"
That Latin website (well, "Latin") is very useful, bringing together so many systems in one place. I'll have to update my records. I don't go in for this stuff much at all (we;;, maybe Sanskrit), but I like to see the results.
Korean is about th only language where the line between alphabet and alphasyllabic is obscure: it is an alphabet, but it displays syllables in blocks that are sometimes not obviously decomposable into the letters that make them up. The short distinction is that alphabets treat vowels and consonants on a par, giving each a symbol of about the same size and in the same line in the text. Alphasyllabics take the consonants as the main thing and attach the vowels as diminished appendages to the consonants (sometimes allowing a standalone vowel to start a word, sometimes inventing a dummy consonant to carry the initial vowel). Full syllabaries, of course, just have signs for syllable, with not indication of how they are composed (although many do have similarities along either consonant or the vowel axis).
Bliss symbols is good, too, if we're going whole hog on this.
janMato

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:Sonja's site says "Nothing here yet"
Read further down, there are 2 links, hand shapes and hand letters.
That Latin website (well, "Latin") is very useful, bringing together so many systems in one place. I'll have to update my records. I don't go in for this stuff much at all (we;;, maybe Sanskrit), but I like to see the results.
That is jan Ote's Polish site translated into Latin. The original poster copied his link which directed google translate to do a machine translation from Polish to Latin.
Bliss symbols is good, too, if we're going whole hog on this.
The font is available under a GNU License-- I'll probably add that to my compression page. http://www.symbols.net/zips/
Or to be more precise, add it to my todo list.
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

pona! So far I have down 3 alphabets (Latin, "Military," and Nelanth), 4 alphasyllabaries (Hangul, Tengwar, Mushi-San, and Pona), 3 syllabaries (Linja Wan, Josan's Glyphics, and the Hiragana/Katakana system), 4 heiroglyphic systems (Josan's Glyphics, Unicode, Nelanth, and the partial nasin sitelen pi nimi sitelen), and an adapted Braille system, a sign language, and a two-letter code based on Lasina. Not very pona I guess, but maybe something good will come of having at least 17 ways of communicating in tp. Maybe we'll at least get more Korean and Elven speakers? .. Now I'm kind of curious to see which, if any, of the non-Latin systems make it into the Book. Assuming jan Sonja will actually write a book, of course.
Yo estuve aquí.