Toki Pona Contest?

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
Pije

Toki Pona Contest?

Post by Pije »

I'm thinking about sponsoring a Toki Pona contest of some sort.

For example, here's one possible contest idea I had: Two actors--one male and female--would role-play a scenario where the male approaches and tries to entice and interest the female, and the entire conversation would be in Toki Pona. A video of the conversation would be posted on Youtube. The reward might be $25 for the best video, or alternatively $25 to the first person who submits a video that meets the defined project criteria.

Do you think there'd be enough interest in such a contest to make it worthwhile? Would the project inspire good, quality work?

If so, what are some good contest ideas?
janMato

Re: Toki Pona Contest?

Post by janMato »

how to pick up chicks in tp

waso lili o! waso lili o! o tawa mi! mi jo e ko pan tawa sina.

Well, the tp song on the Russian podcast is going to be hard to beat for production quality. Pichismo is kind of grating to listen to unless you are in the right mood. jan Arpee would be the guy in toki pona Idol or tokipona-vision.

Now, what I want to know is, would the ma pi toki pona contestant for Eurovision sing in English or toki pona?