toki wile sona

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan_Pusa

toki wile sona

Post by jan_Pusa »

toki!

1) toki pona li jo ala jo e lipu lon lipu Facebook?

2) sina sona ala sona e ni: ante lipu .doc tawa lipu .pdf?
mi jo e lipu pi toki pona. taso ni li lon toki Pilipina. :(
ni li pona anu ike? mi wile pana e ni tawa tomo toki ni...

3) tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu pi toki. ni li pi moku. mi wile e ni: mi "ali kin" e ni.
pona anu ike?

mi tawa!
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.
janMato

Re: toki wile sona

Post by janMato »

jan_Pusa wrote:1) toki pona li jo ala jo e lipu lon lipu Facebook?
toki li jo e tu.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2424398856
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Toki-P ... all&ref=ts

For the life of me I can't figure out how to get real time updates of what goes on on these pages, so I don't use them much and they are both somewhat quiet compared to other places one can post toki pona messages.
jan_Pusa wrote:2) sina sona ala sona e ni: ante lipu .doc tawa lipu .pdf?
mi jo e lipu pi toki pona. taso ni li lon toki Pilipina. :(
ni li pona anu ike?
mi la sina jo e nimi mute pi toki pona la ijo suli li sitelen e ni lon ilo len pi ilo nanpa .
In my option, if you have any writings in toki pona, it is important to publish them on the internet. Every time a cache of toki pona text disappears, it's like the library of Alexandria burning again because each document in toki pona is such a large percentage of the total corpus.

http://www.cutepdf.com/
ilo CutePdfWriter li esun tawa mani ala.
mi wile pana e ni tawa tomo toki ni...
mi sona e ni ala.
I don't understand.

(I want to give this to this chat room? Oh! You mean you plan to post it on the forum?)
3) tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu toki. ni li pi moku. mi wile e ni: mi "ali kin" e ni.
pona anu ike?
A collection of recipes? "all-indeed"? A tidied up collection of what you posted on live journal would be most welcome (which much of was food related if I remember correctly).

More importantly, why does "ni li pi moku" sound natural to you? It's in the jan Pije lessons, but it is a construction the community (until today) has universally ignored in favor of "ni li jo e moku" What is the equavallent in your first language?
jan_Pusa

Post by jan_Pusa »

I want to give this to this chat room? Oh! You mean you plan to post it on the forum?
Yes! Post a term paper about TP to the forums! I'm not quite sure if anyone in the forums would like to read something in Tagalog, though...
A collection of recipes? "all-indeed"? A tidied up collection of what you posted on live journal would be most welcome (which much of was food related if I remember correctly).
Ooops. Sorry. I meant "kama ali kin", to revive the food-related post series.
More importantly, why does "ni li pi moku" sound natural to you? It's in the jan Pije lessons, but it is a construction the community (until today) has universally ignored in favor of "ni li jo e moku" What is the equavallent in your first language?
I guess jan Pije has drilled the lesson in my head. Getting it out is not easy.
As for the L1 equivalent, it's "this is about food" (I learned English before Tagalog, whose equivalent is "ito ay tungkol sa pagkain")
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan_Pusa wrote:
I want to give this to this chat room? Oh! You mean you plan to post it on the forum?
Yes! Post a term paper about TP to the forums! I'm not quite sure if anyone in the forums would like to read something in Tagalog, though...
I was going to say, go ahead, I'll just use google translate, but google translate doesn't support tagalog.
I guess jan Pije has drilled the lesson in my head. Getting it out is not easy.
As for the L1 equivalent, it's "this is about food" (I learned English before Tagalog, whose equivalent is "ito ay tungkol sa pagkain")
The jan Pije lessons only illustrate "li pi" to mean possession/ownership.

I see-- it is one of those constructions semantically similar to "I think about, I write about, I talk about" which else where people have noticed that toki pona doesn't have an obvious solution for. This is a use of "li pi" I could live with.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

3) tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu pi toki. ni li pi moku.
More importantly though, you have to have more than one word after the pi. So maybe

tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu pi toki moku.
jan_Pusa

Post by jan_Pusa »

jan Josan wrote:
3) tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu pi toki. ni li pi moku.
More importantly though, you have to have more than one word after the pi. So maybe

tenpo pini la mi jo e kulupu pi toki moku.
Of course! How could I have forgotten that rule!