Just wanted to say hi!

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
janKipo

Re: Just wanted to say hi!

Post by janKipo »

o kama pona tawa toki pona. ken la sina wile sitelen tawa kulupu pi nimi 'jan pi toki pona' anu 'kama sona toki'
janMato

Post by janMato »

abelfallis wrote:What is up everyone? My name is Jessica. I am from Slovakia. I am new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section on your forum... http://forums.tokipona.org/?6ded8d6eba584f6102dfe0c1117,
o moli! jan pi pana pi moku ike pi poki pi suno kiwen o moli! sina li kama pona ala lon ni.

I think that "pi-chain" is about 5 levels deep. Fun with recursion. It would be one level deep if all the "pi-phrases" modified jan directly.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

While I share your suspicions, it doesn't hurt (much) to be polite. But it lost your 'pi' chain -- which only went down four levels so far -- at 'suno kiwen' "hard sun/light"
At least she hasn't asked us to help move money from a Slovak bank to Nigeria.
janMato

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:While I share your suspicions, it doesn't hurt (much) to be polite..
Yes, you are entirely correct, we should be polite to potential humans.

This one is a confirmed bot, and worse! It is not a bot capable of love.
Ref: search.php?author_id=133&sr=posts

ni jan ilo li ken olin ala. ni jan ilo li wile ala e nimi pona pi jan sona. This bot can't love. This bot doesn't need nice words of friendship.

jan pu pali e ilo ike li jan ike kin. (Off-label usage of "pu" on purpose) The person that created this bot is a jerk, too.
janKipo wrote: But it lost your 'pi' chain -- which only went down four levels so far -- at 'suno kiwen' "hard sun/light"
At least she hasn't asked us to help move money from a Slovak bank to Nigeria.
D'oh! kiwen suno. shiny stone, metal. Metal box, nasty food of the metal box. Someday I need to translate a nigerian letter. Tp is poorer for the lack of an exemplar.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

'jan ilo ni' adjectives to the right.
"friendship" = 'nasin pi jan pona'
Your illegit (ut nunc) 'pu' line reminds me of the other problem with rel clauses: RHE -- where the hell does one end. It would be possible in your case to take the 'li' there as a second predication on 'jan' The guy (BIRD!) who makes this robot and is a bad person to boot, .... And, of course, rel clauses in PPs and DOs are even worse.