Pretty Little Girls School

Tinkerers Anonymous: Some people can't help making changes to "fix" Toki Pona. This is a playground for their ideas.
Tokiponidistoj: Iuj homoj nepre volas fari ŝanĝojn por "ripari" Tokiponon. Jen ludejo por iliaj ideoj.
janMato

Re: Pretty Little Girls School

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:The proposal was to require pi before prep phrases modifying nouns.
Sounds handy. How about this?

mi mute pi jan insa pi lon tawa telo anpa li anpa mute kepeken ala utala pi lon jan pali mute. mi pilin e ni: ma mi li ma pi jan pali. mi pilin e ni: ken la ma pi jan pali li pona tawa mi mute tan ni : tempo ni la mi mute li jo ala e ijo.

we of the people of the middle of the place of the sinking boat are really sinking with out fight of the sort among the working peoples. I think this, our place is the place of the worker. I think this, maybe the land of the worker is okay for us, because of this: now we don't have anything.

We of the sinking middle class may sink without further struggles into the working class where we belong, and probably when we get there it will not be so dreadful as we feared, for, after all, we have nothing to lose.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Something like that, Karl, with all the problems involved but at least lacking one source of ambiguity. I'm not sure about some of the idioms involved, though the grammar seems OK. Again, breaking things up (not that I can see exactly how to do that) is a good plan for tp.
janMato

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:Something like that, Karl, ...
heh heh. Actually George Orwell.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Thought that come in afternoon naps: the sinking middle class might be better off without the surrounding ship: 'kulupu insa anpa' though I am still not wild about 'insa' for "middle" in linear cases -- but we make do with what we got.