sitelen suwi

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan Josan

Re: sitelen suwi

Post by jan Josan »

Interesting. I've never put the punctuation on the side like that. I have usually used it as a pedestal for the sentence to rest upon. I couldn't be confused with anything else this way, though.
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

jan Josan wrote:Interesting. I've never put the punctuation on the side like that. I have usually used it as a pedestal for the sentence to rest upon. I couldn't be confused with anything else this way, though.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

I see now how drawing on the computer makes rotating images much easier in planning. I still had to turn the paper to copy your rotated alignment of pona. I wish there was a way to squish glyphs up against each other as easily though. I find it so much more pleasing to draw the ala pinned between two ponas, then to try to move around the vector glyphs to fit.

Last edited by jan Josan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

jan Josan wrote: I find it so much more pleasing to draw the ala pinned between two ponas, then to try to move around the vector glyphs to fit.
may be i didnt get your problem, but you dont have to. put the ala first, then both pona slightly overlapping with ala, and you will get the same image
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to a different style, or maybe I have to make the digital images more square. But, for instance in the following I feel like the 'jan utala pona ni' fits so much more comfortably into the 'e' in the one that is hand-drawn:

Last edited by jan Josan on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

yes square e looks better. do you have more glyphs in powerpoint?
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

jan-ante wrote:yes square e looks better. do you have more glyphs in powerpoint?
I'm putting together a complete set now so I can post them all at once. I am also making separate preposition 'heads' to make surrounding other glyphs easier. I think maybe I'll make a couple sized containers too to use as 'li' and the prepositions, a couple sizes of 'e', and maybe 'la' too so it can be used as a container. anything else that might be useful you can think of?
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

jan Josan wrote: anything else that might be useful you can think of?
no, i think we should try and see what do we need else
jan Josan

Re: PS

Post by jan Josan »

Here is a powerpoint with the full set of glyphs. I also reworked the original set, cleaning up a line here and there, and converting all the lines to pure black.
jan-ante

sakeaakekmsoyni?

Post by jan-ante »