Toki Pona charity trust (idea) - kulupu pali pi toki pona (pilin)

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan kuto

Re: Toki Pona charity trust (idea) - kulupu pali pi toki pona (pilin)

Post by jan kuto »

Sounds good! Are there really "a dozen or more textbooks in several languages"?
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Well, online there are only three really, but 76 Lessons exists in several languages, Lope's is in at least German and English, and Pije has a couple of translations. There are two video lessons, at least. And I have heard of , but not seen, lessons in Polish and Russian and at least some guides in Korean and Japanese. Of major languages, we seem to lack Chinese, Hindustani and Arabic. While we have some lesser languages, like Catalan, we have no African languages at all, nor any American native languages, nor Celtic ones. And so on.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

It would be great to have easy access to all language versions of learning material. I would like to see the Polish and celtic (what is that, Irish/Gaeilge, maybe?).
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Alas, there is no Celtic one that I know of. Many of these smaller languages are so busy fighting for self preservation that they are not likely candidates for conlang so. That is why Catalan is a surprise; I suppose it is the result of one person's interest.
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

jan kuto wrote:It would be great to have easy access to all language versions of learning material. I would like to see the Polish and celtic (what is that, Irish/Gaeilge, maybe?).
I have listed some learning material on my link list:
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona ... /links.php
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent spamming.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

jan_Lope o toki!

Yes i have made use of your site for references and links.
I am sure you would be on the board of any charitable trust, as has been suggested. I would say it is a good idea if a handful of you, that have resources and material online and offline, did get together - and at least discuss having a central repository/wiki/online conferencing solution ( :P ). It sounds like a good idea to pool resources.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Sadly, as you may notice, Lope and I are not fated to be together in anything, but I have used his list to supplement mine.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

Nothing lasts forever, accept hope maybe!? :) You are both 'here' in this same place, contributing and helping (especially people like me ;) ).
I'm afraid you would both be elected to the board of the charitable trust, it would be scandalous to think otherwise. :)
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

jan kuto wrote:jan_Lope o toki!

Yes i have made use of your site for references and links.
I am sure you would be on the board of any charitable trust, as has been suggested. I would say it is a good idea if a handful of you, that have resources and material online and offline, did get together - and at least discuss having a central repository/wiki/online conferencing solution ( :P ). It sounds like a good idea to pool resources.
Yes, it's a good idea to combine constructive resources. I am glad to help.

pona!
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent spamming.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

To repeat, tomolipu.blogspot.com now has three texts up which have been carefully vetted to be grammatically correct (though I fear Lope will disagree with that at various points). They are a version of Goldilocks, the Tower of Babel. and an initial chunk of the Gilgamesh epic. In the offing are a short dialog between two businessmen, a set of haiku, a short collection of poems by Pusa, Genesis 1:1-5, a pastiche of a jan sin's first few encounters with a tp webpage and another chunk of Gilgamesh. These are in the Facebook group tomo lipu and are much in need of new eyes to check them over for typos, grammatical errors and general obscurity. I regret the setup that requires my permission (always given, but still, ...) to record comments in this group. Since finding and prepping this material is time-consuming, I would like to be able to absorb existing material (or be absorbed, if there is a better functioning site somewhere) bur most of the other collections I know of are in textbooks and so not really readily available.