Greetings!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janKipo

Re: Greetings!

Post by janKipo »

But still not tp words, since the final consonant is not always /n/.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

Ok, vowel or -n endings, for both syllable and word?

I'll have another go at it soon. Also, i'll carry on where i left off learning tokipona. As you can tell i am right at the beginning.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

I have, hopefully now, a proper suggestion. Here we go:

Using what we had before, with, the vowel names being the actual single letters, and consonants, adding a vowel-to sound them-to make two letter words, this is the next step:

Using the word "kute" (to hear), because the 14 letters are actually the 14 sounds, used to communicate in tokipona, we read a mark on a page that represents the sound. So adding "kute" to form the letter-names, we have:

akute, ekute, ikute, jakute, kekute, likute, mokute, nukute, okute, pakute, sekute, tikute, ukute, wokute
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Dang,I hate being a purist and all, but both / ti/ and / wo/ are not permitted as tp syllables. That aside, I like this system, which is very Indian -- except the Indians always used /a/ as the vowel with consonants (but that is part of the Indian writing system).
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

It is good to have rules at the beginning! :) Can't think of a more important time for them.

Do you think using the same consonant+vowel combo for all consonants would be better?
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Actually, I like the shifting vowels since it gives more distinctiveness. You could just switch the vowels on /t/ and /w/, but the patterns is nice, too.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

How about this:

akute, ekute, ikute, jakute, kekute, likute, mokute, nukute, okute, pikute, sukute, tokute, ukute, wakute

first 3 letters/vowels are the name of the alphabet: a, e, i

akute, ekute, ikute

The next five letters/consonants, use the 5 vowels - in order - to sound each consonant: ja, ke, li, mo, nu

jakute, kekute, likute, mokute, nukute

The last six letters of the alphahbet are a mixed bag of two vowels and four consonants: o, pi, su, to, u, wa

okute, pikute, sukute, tokute, ukute, wakute

The consonants use the vowels from the words of the AEI graphic from the pdf, to sound each other: pi/pipi, su/suno, to/tomo, wa/waso

*, pikute, sukute, tokute, *, wakute
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

looks good (my worry about possible problems with 'pi kute' and 'li kute' are just reflex problem finding).
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

:)

So, do likute and pikute stay standing, after the first sweep of your reflex action?

Any suggestions, especially for last group of consonants?
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Yes, they just aren't that likely to cause any problems for anyone and having a closed set is clearly more important.