Mi sin li toki pona

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
nasin pi sona

Mi sin li toki pona

Post by nasin pi sona »

Mi nimi jan Kijs.
Mi wile e sona toki pona, en awen e kulupu sina.

Pona lon.

Please excuse my mistakes, this is my first attempt and I’m trying to piece it together as I go.
jan Seni

Re: Mi sin li toki pona

Post by jan Seni »

Kama pona! ;)
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

kama pona kin
Some corrections.
‘Kijs’ is not a tp name since all tp words end in vowels. There is an app on tokipona.org that produces at least one acceptable name.
“I am ‘jan Kijs’” is surely not what you mwant to say (subject ‘mi’ predicate ‘nimi jan Kijs’”, which is just the name ‘jan Kijes’ of your not quite name.) Better, i.e., legal and saying what you meant, is ‘nimi mi li Kijs’ (the ‘jan’ is not a part of your name but a supporter noun that you need occasionally (some would say “almost always” but they are pedantic even b my standards). Even better is just ‘mi Kijs’ (we’ll get into when you really need ‘jan’ later.)
‘mi wile e sona PI toki pona. ‘toki pona’ modifies ‘sona’ but is two words functionin as one, so needs ‘pi’. You could also sau ‘mi wile sona e toki pona’ (and many other things as well, of course).
‘en’ cannot go most places English (etc.) “and” goes. In particular, it cannot join two predicates to a sinel subject. Ordinarily, that requires repating the ‘li’ with each predicate. But here there are no ‘li’s, since the subject is ‘mi’, so a joined predicate is not possible: ‘mi wile e sona pi toki pona. mi wile awen e kulupu sina.’ (The ‘wile’ has to berepeated for toher, more complcated reasons that we’ll get around to eventuall)

Do you really want to say you want to preserve this group (thanks for the thought)? I suppose you just mean you want to join it (for now), so ‘mi wile kama tawa insa pi kulupu sina’ or ‘mi wile kama kulupu e sina’ or any other things.

I don’t understand the final ‘lon’. ‘pona’ by itself means “Thanks”. What was ‘lon’meant to add?
nasin pi sona

Post by nasin pi sona »

Names; I’ll whack a vowel on it, or transliterate it a different way.

What I was trying to do was introduce myself, and express that I was interested in learning toki pona, and that’s why I wanted to join this forum.

Then I was trying to say ‘pleased to be here’, or express a similar sentiment.

Please note that I built the above sentences by using an online word list, as this is very early days of me trying to learn this language.

If anyone can recommend any resources beyond the book for solo study, or any way to practice verbally (or ideally) with real people in a face-to-face environment, that would be helpful.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Face-to-face is hard to do, since there aren’t many faces and they are spread out over the world. Writing a lot of stuff here and at tokipona and laearn atoki pona on. Facebook oor on various groups on propriietary media are all possible, As for home study (and especially grammar, since vocab doesn’t help much) there is Soja’s boo and Pije’s and 79 Illustrated Lessons, all various useful. The main thing is to write something and read a lot every day..

So, or example ‘mi Kisa. mi wile kama sona e toki pona//. tan ni la mi wile kama tawa kulupu ni. lon ni mi li pona tawaa mi''