pona!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janKipo

Re: pona!

Post by janKipo »

Well, Lope’s toki pona is very conservative; he does not acknowledge many changes which the community has adopted (most of the spamming he mentions consisted of pointing this out, though I may have said a few things not apprporate for addressing my elders). So, some of his suggestions would be hard for most toki pona people to read.
What is said is the (only) direct object of ‘toki’ and so is set off by ‘e’. ‘mi wile toki e ni:’ That seems to be about the only way to introduce indirect speech in toki pona, awkward thoughit may be (though it follows English and French somewhat “he says that...” “on dit que ...”, though the parts of speech may be different.
‘ike’ is the standard word for complex, among other bad things.
The apostrophe after ‘li’ is one of Lope’s peculiarities which is not conservative. I understand his reason for it and applaud his doing something about it, just not what he did. The apostrophe goes with a strange grammar that includes a never-visible verb “be” that goes with what the rest of us call nouns and adjectives serving as verbs. In any case, you don’t need it in toki pona for the broader community.
Since only what is said is the direct object of ‘toki’, it follows that the language in which it is said is something else. The community has hit upon ‘kepeken’ or ‘lon’ to introduce the language name. So, ‘mi toki kepeken/lon toki Epanja’
In ‘lon poka’ ‘poka’ is a noun, not a preposition, so words that follow it have to be attached as modifiers, so ‘lon poka pi toki Kanse’. I’m not sure this is the best way to say this. Lope’s suggestion is good
Spanish is a little like French” or ‘toki Epanja li poka tawa toki Kanse”. “Spanish is close to French”.
I’m not sure what the last sentence is supposed to mean. Your version say “The language of toki pona is the same as nothing”. Lope’s say “is not the same as anything”. These seem to pretty much amont to the same thing and so both are probably OK but confusing to English speakers who handle “all” and “not” differently.
sina pali pona. o awen.
Rasbus95

Post by Rasbus95 »

janKipo wrote:Well, Lope’s toki pona is very conservative; he does not acknowledge many changes which the community has adopted (most of the spamming he mentions consisted of pointing this out, though I may have said a few things not apprporate for addressing my elders). So, some of his suggestions would be hard for most toki pona people to read.
What is said is the (only) direct object of ‘toki’ and so is set off by ‘e’. ‘mi wile toki e ni:’ That seems to be about the only way to introduce indirect speech in toki pona, awkward thoughit may be (though it follows English and French somewhat “he says that...” “on dit que ...”, though the parts of speech may be different.
‘ike’ is the standard word for complex, among other bad things.
The apostrophe after ‘li’ is one of Lope’s peculiarities which is not conservative. I understand his reason for it and applaud his doing something about it, just not what he did. The apostrophe goes with a strange grammar that includes a never-visible verb “be” that goes with what the rest of us call nouns and adjectives serving as verbs. In any case, you don’t need it in toki pona for the broader community.
Since only what is said is the direct object of ‘toki’, it follows that the language in which it is said is something else. The community has hit upon ‘kepeken’ or ‘lon’ to introduce the language name. So, ‘mi toki kepeken/lon toki Epanja’
In ‘lon poka’ ‘poka’ is a noun, not a preposition, so words that follow it have to be attached as modifiers, so ‘lon poka pi toki Kanse’. I’m not sure this is the best way to say this. Lope’s suggestion is good
Spanish is a little like French” or ‘toki Epanja li poka tawa toki Kanse”. “Spanish is close to French”.
I’m not sure what the last sentence is supposed to mean. Your version say “The language of toki pona is the same as nothing”. Lope’s say “is not the same as anything”. These seem to pretty much amont to the same thing and so both are probably OK but confusing to English speakers who handle “all” and “not” differently.
sina pali pona. o awen.

mi wile ala e ni : jan tu li utala toki tan mi!
>>Peace, Love & toki pona :D

mi pilin e ni: sina mute li pana e sona sina tawa mi...pona!

tenpo lili la mi kama sona e toki pona. mi sona taso lili pi toki pona...jan ale li ken lukin e lipu pi sitelen toki mi!
tenpo ala la mi toki e toki Kanse. mi toki e toki Inli. mi toki e toki Spanje lili.

And what I meant on my last post was that according to me spanish grammar was very similar to the french one. And I find tp grammar more difficult to understand that the spanish one. Ok, tp vocabulary looks more simple than french or spanish (or english) (well is that true according to the necessary to combine two or more words?) but it seems very difficult to me to make sentences in tp.

I've been learning tp only for 3 weeks, so I have the time...how many hours did you need to speak tp fluently?

Taso mi wile mute e ni: pali e pali!
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

o monsuta ala. jan Lope en mi li utala ala. jan Lope li wile sona ala e ni: mi lon. mi toki e ijo pona pi ona e lon pi toki ona.
pona! (In this case, “You’re welcome!”). mi mute li wile pana e pona tawa jan sin.
‘mi sona pi lili taso’ ‘toki kepeken toki Kanse/Inli/ Epanja’. taso sitelen sina li pona pona tawa jan pi toki lili kin. o sitelen e mute. ken la o sitelen lon lipu mute pi Pesupu (Facebook): toki pona en Learn toki pona en toki pona taso. jan mute li lukin e lipu ni li sitelen lon ona li toki e ijo pi sitelen pi jan ante pi lon lipu ni. tan ni la sinna sitelen lon lipu ni la sina kama pona mute lon tenpo lili. ike la, jan pi mute ala li sitelen lon lipu Forums.
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

Rasbus95 wrote: mi wile ala e ni : jan tu li utala toki tan mi!
>>Peace, Love & toki pona :D

mi pilin e ni: sina mute li pana e sona sina tawa mi...pona!

tenpo lili la mi kama sona e toki pona. mi sona taso lili pi toki pona...jan ale li ken lukin e lipu pi sitelen toki mi!
tenpo ala la mi toki e toki Kanse. mi toki e toki Inli. mi toki e toki Spanje lili.

And what I meant on my last post was that according to me spanish grammar was very similar to the french one.
And I find tp grammar more difficult to understand that the spanish one.
Ok, tp vocabulary looks more simple than french or spanish (or english) (well is that true according to the necessary to combine two or more words?) but it seems very difficult to me to make sentences in tp.

I've been learning tp only for 3 weeks, so I have the time...how many hours did you need to speak tp fluently?

Taso mi wile mute e ni: pali e pali!
toki!

"mi sona taso lili pi toki pona."
"lili" is a noun here and build together with "toki pona" a compound noun. "lili" is the main noun of this compound noun.
I think better is:
taso mi sona lili e toki pona.

"Taso mi wile mute e ni: pali e pali!"
"pali e pali!" is not a sentence. There is no subject. You can use "o" as subject here.
taso mi wile mute e ni: o pali e pali!

You are right the grammar of Toki Pona is not as easy as the vocabulary of Toki Pona.
Now I'm improving my lessons with more grammar background. Please see my lessons:

https://jan-lope.github.io/Toki_Pona_lessons_English/

For spell and grammar check you can use my Toki Pona Parser:

https://jan-lope.github.io/Toki_Pona-Parser/
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent spamming.