toki!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

toki!

Postby jan Jon » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:30 pm

toki!

nimi mi li Jon.
mi lon ma Tosi.

tenpo pini lili la mi kama sona e toki pona.
anu, mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona ?

toki pona li pona tawa mi.

janKipo
Posts: 2825
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: toki!

Postby janKipo » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:42 pm

jan Jon o, kama pona!

ken.

sina kepeken lipu seme tawa kama sona pi toki pona?

sina jan Jon. nimi sina li nimi 'Jon'

jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: toki!

Postby jan Jon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 am

jan Kipo o, pona!

mi jo e lipu tu:
lipu nanpa wan li lipu "Toki Pona - the language of good" pi jan Pije en jan Lope.
lipu nanpa tu li lipu "Toki Pona" pi jan Sonja.

mi open kama sona kepeken lipu sona "okamasona" pi jan Pije.

jan Sonja toki e ni lon lipu ona (38): "Examples 1. nimi mi li Apu."
taso, toki sina (... li nimi Apu) li pona mute tawa mi kin.

jan_Lope
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: toki!

Postby jan_Lope » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:12 am

jan Jon wrote:toki!

nimi mi li Jon.
mi lon ma Tosi.

tenpo pini lili la mi kama sona e toki pona.
anu, mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona ?

toki pona li pona tawa mi.


jan Jon o, toki!

ni li ' pona, tawa mi. sina kama sona e toki pona.

But what do you mean with your question "anu, mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona ?" Do you ask yourself?

BTW: You can check your Toki Pona sentences wit this tool:
https://github.com/jan-Lope/Toki_Pona-Parser
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent, rude spamming.

jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: toki!

Postby jan Jon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:56 am

jan Lope o, toki!

"anu, mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona ?"


"Or, can I (=is it OK to) say this: recently I started to learn toki pona?"

So, I wanted to ask: Can I use open as a pre-verb.
Your grammar parser has it commented out, so the sentence fails:

Code: Select all

verb_pre(verb_pre(Verb_pre),Verb_pre) --> [Verb_pre], { member(Verb_pre, [
     kama,         % to become, to mange to
     ken,          % to can, may
     kepeken,      % to use
     lukin,        % to seek to, try to, look for
%     open,         % to begin, to start
%     pini,         % to stop, to finish, to end, to interrupt
     pu,           % buying and interacting with the official Toki Pona book
     sona,         % to know how to
     wile          % to want, need, wish, have to, must, will, should
 ])

However, the vocabulary list in "Toki Pona, the language of good" allows open to act as a pre-verb.
I understand jan Kipo has agreed it can be used that way.

jan_Lope
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: toki!

Postby jan_Lope » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:21 am

jan Jon wrote:jan Lope o, toki!

"anu, mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona ?"


"Or, can I (=is it OK to) say this: recently I started to learn toki pona?"

So, I wanted to ask: Can I use open as a pre-verb.
Your grammar parser has it commented out, so the sentence fails:

Code: Select all

verb_pre(verb_pre(Verb_pre),Verb_pre) --> [Verb_pre], { member(Verb_pre, [
     kama,         % to become, to mange to
     ken,          % to can, may
     kepeken,      % to use
     lukin,        % to seek to, try to, look for
%     open,         % to begin, to start
%     pini,         % to stop, to finish, to end, to interrupt
     pu,           % buying and interacting with the official Toki Pona book
     sona,         % to know how to
     wile          % to want, need, wish, have to, must, will, should
 ])

However, the vocabulary list in "Toki Pona, the language of good" allows open to act as a pre-verb.
I understand jan Kipo has agreed it can be used that way.


jan Jon o, toki!

sina ' pona!

"open" (and "pini") can be a pre-verb. I 've updated the parser.
But your sentece is not a question - or what would you like to ask?

BTW: Are you using Windows, Linux or Mac OS?
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent, rude spamming.

jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: toki!

Postby jan Jon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:35 am

Isn't "ken ala ken" a question?
How would you ask "Can you say mi open kama sona e toki pona" in toki pona?

I'm using Linux.

jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: toki!

Postby jan Jon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:45 am

BTW, your grammar parser considers it a question: ;)

?- check_grammar(P).
|: mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona?
P = s(int(yes_no(np(sub(pronoun(mi))), vp(verb_pre(ken), adverb(ala), verb_pre(ken), verb_tra(toki), obj_d(sep(e), pronoun(ni)))), sep(:), lp(sub((noun(tenpo), adjective(pini), adjective(lili))), sep(la)), sim(np(sub(pronoun(mi))), vp((verb_pre(open), adverb(kama), verb_tra(sona)), obj_d(sep(e), (noun(toki), adjective(pona)))))), sep(?))

jan_Lope
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: toki!

Postby jan_Lope » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:58 am

jan Jon wrote:BTW, your grammar parser considers it a question: ;)

?- check_grammar(P).
|: mi ken ala ken toki e ni: tenpo pini lili la mi open kama sona e toki pona?
P = s(int(yes_no(np(sub(pronoun(mi))), vp(verb_pre(ken), adverb(ala), verb_pre(ken), verb_tra(toki), obj_d(sep(e), pronoun(ni)))), sep(:), lp(sub((noun(tenpo), adjective(pini), adjective(lili))), sep(la)), sim(np(sub(pronoun(mi))), vp((verb_pre(open), adverb(kama), verb_tra(sona)), obj_d(sep(e), (noun(toki), adjective(pona)))))), sep(?))


Grammar and meaning is different. You can build sentences with right grammer but without meaning.
What would you like to say?
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent, rude spamming.

jan Jon
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Re: toki!

Postby jan Jon » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:51 am

I don't think I can follow you.

First you say:
jan_Lope wrote:But your sentece is not a question

Now, you seem to agree it's a question:
jan_Lope wrote:Grammar and meaning is different. You can build sentences with right grammer but without meaning.

Excuse me, but this looks like you were saying my sentence lacks any meaning, which seems like a pretty harsh thing to say.

jan_Lope wrote:What would you like to say?


This is what I said before:
http://forums.tokipona.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2648#p15615
jan Jon wrote:"Or, can I (=is it OK to) say this: recently I started to learn toki pona?"

So, I wanted to ask: Can I use open as a pre-verb.

http://forums.tokipona.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2648#p15617
jan Jon wrote:How would you ask "Can you say mi open kama sona e toki pona" in toki pona?

Sorry, but I really don't know how to make this any clearer.


Return to “jan pi toki pona”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests

cron