Greetings!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan kuto

Greetings!

Post by jan kuto »

toki
I have just registered here with the name jan kuto. I am new to tokipona, and am using the tokipona in 76 lessons [1] .
I have a copy of the, lessons originally by jan pije, updated (1 March 2016) by jan Lope [2][3]-- to fill in any gaps, and aim to study these thoroughly next.
I have made a new version (for myself) of the AEI/ABC graphics/14 letters of tokipona alphabet, by jan Nikita(?). (I have, E for esun with a shopping trolly/or basket picture instead of, E for Elena the Greek national flag. L for lipu and a picture of a book/or paper/magazine... instead of luka a hand picture. M for mun with a crescent moon and/or star(s), instead of M mani and a dollar bill. All the other words and pictures are the same. I find it easier to remember the letters and words now. It's a good ABC/AEI.

I look forward to progressing with tokipona. I hope 'it will' colour my thoughts and words, with the same spirit of goodwill and fun, the creator, and the community seem to share.

Also i hope i have not stolen anyone's name? I came up with my name, jan kuto, as a transliteration [4] of "goodhope" = "kuto" (with a space, "good hope" is: "kute lope").

[1] viewtopic.php?t=1079 (forum post and link to, tokipona in 76 lessons pdf, with the cool , original, AEI/ABC pictures )
[2] http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona ... essons.php (Site of updated lessons in English and German)
[3] viewtopic.php?t=2465&start=30 (forum post, and link, to updated lessons in English and German)
[4] http://tokipona.net/tp/Transliterate.aspx?Tour=true "Pick a name: Welcome to the club!"
jan_Lope

Re: Greetings!

Post by jan_Lope »

jan Kuto o, toki.
mi wile e ni: sina kama sona e toki pona.
jan kuto wrote:toki
I have a copy of the, lessons originally by jan pije, updated (1 March 2016) by jan Lope [2][3]-- to fill in any gaps, and aim to study these thoroughly next.
I have made a new version (for myself) of the AEI/ABC graphics/14 letters of tokipona alphabet, by jan Nikita(?).
pona!

If you found any errors in my lessons, please let me know. I'm interested in your version of the AEI/ABC graphics/14 letters of tokipona alphabet. Can you upload it here?

I can also recommend memrise for learning:
http://www.memrise.com/courses/english/toki-pona/
pona!
jan Lope
https://jan-lope.github.io
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent spamming.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

pona! jan Lope

If i find anything in the updated lessons, i will let you know for sure.

I made a list and pencil sketch of the letter/word combinations, keeping all but the three i mentioned.
I can either scan it and post here, or make a quick edit with a paint program, and upload it here.
Is the original author of the graphics in this forum? Do you have the original graphic that can be edited, maybe?
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

jan kuto wrote:pona! jan Lope

If i find anything in the updated lessons, i will let you know for sure.

I made a list and pencil sketch of the letter/word combinations, keeping all but the three i mentioned.
I can either scan it and post here, or make a quick edit with a paint program, and upload it here.
Is the original author of the graphics in this forum? Do you have the original graphic that can be edited, maybe?
jan Kuto o, toki!

I don't know the author of the graphics. Sorry, I have not the original graphics.

pona!
pona!
jan Lope
(Lessons and the Toki Pona Parser - A tool for spelling, grammar check and ambiguity check of Toki Pona)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of permanent spamming.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

jan_Lope o, toki!

Well the whole 76_lessons are CC BY licensed, so editing the pictures etc... should not be a problem. I will tidy up what i have and post it here soon.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

I have edited (directly) the AEI graphic, and here it is. Maybe someone with more artistic flair can make a better job of it?
aei3gb.png
aei3gb.png (166.66 KiB) Viewed 8843 times
I thought the non tokipona word for E would be nice to be replaced with a native tokipona word:
esun :- market, shop, bazaar, business, transaction.
L luka: hand/arm, five - is replaced by:
lipu :- paper, book, card, ticket, sheet, (web-) page, flat and bendable thing -- for me it was easier to picture
M mani: money, material wealth, currency, dollar, capital-- just seemed out of place, so i replaced it with:
mun :- moon, lunar, night sky object, star, which i find more enduring and endearing.

It's a great graphic- and this, slightly edited version, is what i use now, to remember the letters of the tokipona alphabet.

Edit: I have just made a quick edit of the 76-lessons pdf, adding the edited graphic and an updated basic dictionary at the end (taken from jan pije's html version lessons). You can get it here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOtti ... sp=sharing
Last edited by jan kuto on Wed May 11, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

jan kuto wrote:
aei3.png
I have edited (directly) the AEI graphic, and here it is. Maybe someone with more artistic flair can make a better job of it?
I thought the non tokipona word for E would be nice to be replaced with a native tokipona word:
esun :- market, shop, bazaar, business, transaction.
L luka: hand/arm, five - is replaced by:
lipu :- paper, book, card, ticket, sheet, (web-) page, flat and bendable thing -- for me it was easier to picture
M mani: money, material wealth, currency, dollar, capital-- just seemed out of place, so i replaced it with:
mun :- moon, lunar, night sky object, star, which i find more enduring and endearing.

It's a great graphic- and this, slightly edited version, is what i use now, to remember the letters of the tokipona alphabet.
pona!
pona!
jan Lope

jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

Have the letters of the tokipona alphabet got names, or is there a standard convention?
Ay, Bee, Cee ... Jay (?) or maybe phoneticaly: Ahh, Bir, Cir, Dir, ... Jot? :)
Considering tokipona is an international language, it would be nice to have some kind of guidance here i imagine.
jan_Lope

Post by jan_Lope »

jan kuto wrote:Have the letters of the tokipona alphabet got names, or is there a standard convention?
Ay, Bee, Cee ... Jay (?) or maybe phoneticaly: Ahh, Bir, Cir, Dir, ... Jot? :)
Considering tokipona is an international language, it would be nice to have some kind of guidance here i imagine.
jan Kuto o, toki!

I don't know about a standard convention for the Toki Pona alphabet. Maybe you can create one.
pona!
jan Lope

janKipo

Post by janKipo »

I suppose that these names would have to fit the tp naming rules, i.e, be composed of tp syllable and not (if possible) overlap with official words. '-n' works for all the vowels but 'e'. wich might be 'eta' or so. '-e' works for all the consonants, I think.