Greetings!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan kuto

Re: Greetings!

Post by jan kuto »

I have just made a quick edit to the 76-lessons pdf adding the edited 'aei' graphic from the start of this post and adding an updated simple dictionary at the end. Here is a link to that file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzOtti ... sp=sharing
(i also added this link to one of the first posts where i uploaded the edited aei picture)
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

I have just had an idea for the names of the letters/sounds of tokipona.

If we simplify my system, using "kute" : to hear; and rather than a cycling vowels used with the consonants, using just an "a", inspired by jan Kipo's earlier mention of the Indian system, we have:

akute, ekute, ikute, jakute, kakute, lakute, makute, nakute, okute, pakute, sakute, takute, ukute, wakute.

So all vowels stand on their own, plus kute; all consonants are sounded with 'a' plus kute. Easier to remember, and no dubious syllables - by the look of it.

I've just came back and don't like the look or sound of these now, although it is easier to remember the letter names.
I thought of using something other than 'kute' to form a letter word, and even of using just a syllable (which i like, say 'te' or 'ku' ... ). I'll leave my edit here, instead of my strong impulse to delete. Maybe someone will come up with a better idea? :)
Last edited by jan kuto on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

I feel, if there are to be names for the letters of tokipona, they should be short.
And here is one of the other suggestions i have, which seems to work out nice:

tokipona phoneme names, using the suffix - 'te' from "kute", and also 'a' to sound all consonants.
(vowel+te, consonant+a+te)

ate
ete
ite
jate
kate
late
mate
nate
ote
pate
sate
tate
ute
wate

None of these are tokipona official, or as far as i can see, Unofficial words. I like the cycling vowels from before, but i like this simple scheme also.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

A nice system, a little like Sanskrit, but more compact. I don't know how well it will work in practice, but it is good to have letter names for various uses (NOT spelling bees). We need digit names, too, but that is tied up with the number problem and so insoluble.
jan kuto

Post by jan kuto »

Just reading a little bit about the number problem, and i will not add to the debate just yet. Is there a forum dedicated to solving the issue?
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Just jan nasa, which deals with other things as well. But nanpa suli has turned up on other forums as well. Thank for not adding anything now. I doubt there is much new to say after a dozen years, but I am often surprised in this. I think there is a summary either in tpnimi.blogspot.com or on FBI toki pona earlier this year. And maybe both.