mi pali e lipu mute sona tawa toki pona

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janWesaSila

mi pali e lipu mute sona tawa toki pona

Post by janWesaSila »

toki! mi jan sona sin pi toki pona, li musi kin.

Is there a more standard way of saying "I translated a book" than what I just made up there? Because I translated a children's book (lipu mute sona pi jan lili) into Toki Pona over the last week or so. It was just for practice, so I'm very interested in having someone tear it to bits. :) Is there a proper place in these forums for that? I see that there's a reddit group, but I don't really do reddit, so I'm hoping I can find someone here.

pona~!
janKipo

Re: mi pali e lipu mute sona tawa toki pona

Post by janKipo »

We tend to use 'ante' rather than 'pali' and just use 'lipu' for books as well as pages, but basically no difference. As for a place to display it, there are a couple of sections among the Forums that take short translations or works in general. I don't know about longer works, though.
janMato

Post by janMato »

The parser does a good job of catching mistakes. If you create an account, you can save texts and provide the world with a link & then they can read your text colorized (different colors for different parts of speech).

http://tokipona.net/parser/
janWesaSila

Post by janWesaSila »

Thanks for the replies! I posted a new thread with my translation here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2378

(I haven't checked out the Parser yet--time to take a look!)