Toki! /coi ro do/ Dosolfasi

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janHanoki

Toki! /coi ro do/ Dosolfasi

Post by janHanoki »

mi jan Hanoki .i mi'e canoxilt. I am shanoxilt.

I am a moderator of /r/Lojban, /r/Solresol, and /r/QueerConlangers on Reddit.com. I have been working with Twitter's Lojban users and the Solresol revival project on the Sidosi forum. I hope to one day contribute a classic piece of Lojban literature. As you can discern, I am a fan of invented languages.

I have not yet begun to study Toki Pona or Esperanto, but I love the philosophies that inform them and the output they have inspired.

Thank you for your time. Have a pleasant day.

Post-Script: Please forgive my bad writing style. I am a bit scatterbrained.
janHanoki

Re: Toki! /coi ro do/ Dosolfasi

Post by janHanoki »

I would like to see /r/TokiPona active again. If anyone knows the moderator, please convince them to release the trapped submissions from the spam folder!
janMato

Post by janMato »

I thought the jan lawa pi lipu ni was https://twitter.com/LaPingvino -- I haven't seen him lon ma pi toki pona recently. *

* (see what I did there? I going to try to teach the world toki pona the way the filipinos are learning English, by thoroughly mixing the two)
janHanoki

Post by janHanoki »

janMato wrote:I thought the jan lawa pi lipu ni was https://twitter.com/LaPingvino -- I haven't seen him lon ma pi toki pona recently. *
* (see what I did there? I going to try to teach the world toki pona the way the filipinos are learning English, by thoroughly mixing the two)
Thank you for your help!
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

kama pona ! welcome

wow :shock: Solrésol ! amazing. But i always wondered if we could "encode" words hidden into the melody, and if it could work within the harmonic system.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Ouch! I just got a vision of a Solresol piece with the melody carrying the main message and the other parts carrying emotional overtones, implications, and the like. I don't know enough about the language to see how that might work, but it is an interesting thought given the frequent complaints about other conlangs that they are too staid or limited to convey the nuances of ordinary languages.
janHanoki

Post by janHanoki »

janKipo wrote:Ouch! I just got a vision of a Solresol piece with the melody carrying the main message and the other parts carrying emotional overtones, implications, and the like. I don't know enough about the language to see how that might work, but it is an interesting thought given the frequent complaints about other conlangs that they are too staid or limited to convey the nuances of ordinary languages.
I do not think Solresol's current form can handle that yet. If you like, I could get you in contact with the most active Solresol revivalist.
janSilipu

Post by janSilipu »

No rush;I have tp and Lojban on my plate for now. But thanks.
janMato

Post by janMato »

Does the solresol revivalist have a web page or the like? I'm not interested in the language, after a life time of not being a musician and not speaking a tonal language and having a half tone deaf mom, I can't hear/reproduce tones very well. But I like music and can tell if something is out of key-- how odd is that?

I'm just interested in what he/she might be doing for community building.

mi wile sona e ni: jan ni li pali seme tawa ni: kulupu sin li kama lon.
janHanoki

Post by janHanoki »

janMato wrote:Does the solresol revivalist have a web page or the like? I'm not interested in the language, after a life time of not being a musician and not speaking a tonal language and having a half tone deaf mom, I can't hear/reproduce tones very well. But I like music and can tell if something is out of key-- how odd is that? I'm just interested in what he/she might be doing for community building. mi wile sona e ni: jan ni li pali seme tawa ni: kulupu sin li kama lon.
Sidosi.org is the website.