Google+

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan Nijo

Google+

Post by jan Nijo »

Does anyone here have a Google+ account? The circles feature could make it easier to communicate in Toki Pona.
janTali

Re: Google+

Post by janTali »

G+ circles can indeed be used to communicate in different languages with different people. I used them this way for a while, but then Google started suggesting that I add new persons to my circles at every email I got, in a rather pesky way. I know it's its business to be nosy, but the company once known for its "Don't be evil" motto is showing less and less restraint. Ni li ike mute tawa mi. No thanks.
Toki lili seems to be a much better place. If only I managed to register...

Pona!
janMato

Post by janMato »

Hey google+ now has reading by group as well as posting by group! This is a big improvement.

Dave Raferty and Albano Cruz ate toki ponists on google+ that occasionally post. I'm on google+. I think this is the link to my google+ page.
https://plus.google.com/105267428155472103343/posts

The center and peripheries of the toki pona community keep shifting-- the toki pona community on livejournal used to be sizable--so I tend to try to join and follow all online communities where there is some toki pona activity going on and then use notifications and rss readers to try to passively monitor whats going on.

As far as tertiary places for toki pona activity, I would recommend twitter and maybe facebook, but facebook still very much is optimized for people who know each other in person.
janTali

Post by janTali »

jan Mato o, toki!

Does your reply implicitly mean that tokilili.shoutem.com is being abandoned? This might explain why I've been having no success in joining it, for the last two days, using the very same email address which I've used to get an account here...

ali o, pona!
janMato

Post by janMato »

No, it is not abandoned, I'm the admin there. I have to manually approve accounts else a particular spammer will begin automatically creating crap and at a phenomenal rate. I clearly don't check often enough.

OK, I just checked as of right no there are no unapproved accounts. Try registering again if you didn't get through the first time.
jan Nijo

Post by jan Nijo »

janMato wrote:No, it is not abandoned, I'm the admin there. I have to manually approve accounts else a particular spammer will begin automatically creating crap and at a phenomenal rate. I clearly don't check often enough.

OK, I just checked as of right no there are no unapproved accounts. Try registering again if you didn't get through the first time.
I'm going to register now too.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

pona! mi pilin e ni: o tenpo kama lili la mi lukin e sitelen sina
janTali

Post by janTali »

@janMato Pakala! The mails with the activation link were in the spam folder! Now I've fixed my spam filters and activated my account at tokilili.shoutem.com, but it still says I have to wait for your manual authorization. So I'm confident. Thank you very much for your help and tweet you there!

Ali li pona.
jan Nijo

Post by jan Nijo »

janTali wrote:@janMato Pakala! The mails with the activation link were in the spam folder! Now I've fixed my spam filters and activated my account at tokilili.shoutem.com, but it still says I have to wait for your manual authorization. So I'm confident. Thank you very much for your help and tweet you there!

Ali li pona.
Thank you for this. Mine was in the spam box too, which is strange because the mail I want usually doesn't get filtered.
janTali

Post by janTali »

Thank you for this. Mine was in the spam box too, which is strange because the mail I want usually doesn't get filtered.
sitelen li tan lipu mute ni la nasin pi mi mute pi weka jaki li kama nasa
(What I want to say is "Letters coming from that site drive our spam-filtering systems crazy")

Ali li pona!