mi jan Bibijan

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan Bibijan

mi jan Bibijan

Post by jan Bibijan »

toki! mi jan Bibijan. mi kama sona wawa e toki pona: tenpo suno pini en suno ni la mi kama sona e ni lon anpa sike pi ilo tenpo mute lili. mi pilin ala e ni: nimi mute lili pini pini li pona ala pona. :mrgreen: mi kama sona e toki pona tan lipu pi wawa ilo ni. mi ken toki kepeken toki pona: ni li pona suli e mi. wawa ilo li sama e linja sewi walo laso.

nim' pi tok' pon' li sul' sul' : ni li ik' e mi. wek' sul' nim' pi tok' pon' li kon ut' tu. ni li ken kon ut' wan. jan li pok' waw' sul' tan ni. jan ali o, sin' pilin e sem'?
janMato

Re: mi jan Bibijan

Post by janMato »

jan Bibijan o! kama pona tawa ma pi toki pona!

Using en is perfectly understandable, but en is supposed to be only for joining subjects and sometimes modifiers to convey a sense of mixture of attributes. Everywhere else, use chains, in this case a la chain:
tenpo suno pini la suno ni la mi kama sona e ni lon anpa sike pi ilo tenpo mute lili.
so the template is something like:
Topic1 la Topic2 la Adverb1 la Averb2 la Time1 la Time2 la Sentence

lipu pi wawa ilo ni = this page of mechanical power. That would be more suitable for describing a babage engine (mechanical computers).
lipu pi ilo wawa ni = this page of the energy machine (electronic page). would be a better option without changing your general strategy. ilo sona and ilo nanpa are more common phrases for computer

wawa ilo li sama e linja sewi walo laso. = mechanical power copies the blue white holy line. I think you were trying to say something like "wawa pi ilo ni li sama wawa pi kon sewi li linja pi kule waso laso" which would mean, The power of this machine is like the magical power and is a line of the color of a blue and white.

Since toki pona is at the moment only read and written (and a few rumored skype chats and in person chats), the length of words isn't that big of a problem, although on twitter & toki lili, single character writing systems (japanese and chinese) out perform the latin alphabet. In my opinion, good written toki pona (esp if it is in a context free environment like a forum or mailing list) is verbose and that can mean fairly long sentences and paragraphs where a single word would do in English. That affects length much more than the 4th letter of a word.
jan Kapiwe

Post by jan Kapiwe »

mi kama sona wawa e toki pona
You strongly learned Toki Pona.
tenpo suno pini en [tenpo] suno ni la mi kama sona e ni lon anpa sike pi ilo tenpo mute lili.
Yesterday and today you learned Toki Pona in the circular down part of some clocks.

I didn't get it. You did that at 6:00 PM? When the time is at the inferior part of the clock? If so, maybe tenpo suno pini en tenpo pimeja lili ni la mi kama sona e toki pona. works better.
mi pilin ala e ni: nimi mute lili pini pini li pona ala pona.
"I don't think that some ended words are good or not?" I didn't understand it. Anyway, I don't think a word can be duplicated.
mi kama sona e toki pona tan lipu pi wawa ilo ni. mi ken toki kepeken toki pona: ni li pona suli e mi.
"tan" means "from". A better word in this case would be "kepeken", using. "lipu pi wawa ilo ni" is page of this machine strengh? And instead of "suli", if you want to say that x did y a lot, use "mute". suli is more like physical big.
wawa ilo li sama e linja sewi walo laso.
Tool strengh equals a light blue sky line. I didn't get it :?

By the way, there are many compressions to make Toki Pona use less phonems or letters. None of them are actually used in practice :(

Welcome to Toki Pona! Don't forget to chat in the freenode #tokipona channel.
mi mute o musi!
jan Bibijan

Post by jan Bibijan »

Thanks for fixing my broken toki pona
lipu pi wawa ilo ni = this page of mechanical power.
isnt electricity exactly that mechanical power on which most devices run?
wawa ilo li sama e linja sewi walo laso. = mechanical power copies the blue white holy line. I think you were trying to say something like "wawa pi ilo ni li sama wawa pi kon sewi li linja pi kule waso laso" which would mean, The power of this machine is like the magical power and is a line of the color of a blue and white.
I meant "electricity is the same as the lightnings"
wawa ilo = power of devices, i.e. power on which devices run (I think)
doesnt sama mean "is the same as"?
linja sewi = sky line
linja sewi waso laso = white-blue sky line - only a lightning would fit this description
You strongly learned Toki Pona.
how do i say fast then? i thought wawa in mi tawa wawa ...is universal
Yesterday and today you learned Toki Pona in the circular down part of some clocks.
i tried to say in several hours "under not many rotations of the clock"
"I don't think that some ended words are good or not?"
"I dont know if the next-to-last sentence makes sense" couldnt think of better word for sentence
And instead of "suli", if you want to say that x did y a lot, use "mute". suli is more like physical big.
i didnt know that, thanks
Tool strengh equals a light blue sky line. I didn't get it :?
what other than lightning would fit the description of sky line? or is there a set phrase already?
also wawa ilo to me seems a decent description of electricity "power of machines" i.e. power which machines use

Also, I know that sewi also means heaven, but the first thing i think of when reading kon sewi is sky air...
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

kama pona
janMato wrote: (and a few rumored skype chats .
It is not rumored :lol: it happened, i was there. it was very funny :mrgreen:
jan Kapiwe

Post by jan Kapiwe »

In the jan Pije's book, it says that you use the "x li lukin sama y" to say x looks like y.
You said electricity looks like lightnings. How is that related to the context?
By the way, we usually say lipu only to internet pages. Most people say ilo sona to refer to computers.
mi mute o musi!
jan Bibijan

Post by jan Bibijan »

jan Kapiwe wrote:You said electricity looks like lightnings. How is that related to the context?
tried to explain what I meant under wawa ilo
Also sint lipu something bendable like paper or flag? This is a description of a physical object, this is why I dont like it to describe a website
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

jan Bibijan wrote:toki! mi jan Bibijan. mi kama sona wawa e toki pona:
'wawa' means fast only with 'tawa' so far, but could reasonably be applied to any change, I suppose. Your analogy makes sense and "forcefully doesn't often fit.
tenpo suno pini en suno ni la mi kama sona e ni lon anpa sike pi ilo tenpo mute lili.
As has been pointed out, the '...la... la' pattern is standard. The ... en ... la' is grammatical, but usually taken as inelegant, for some reason. "on the round bottom of several clocks" leaves my mind blank, except that I suspect it is meant to be a stretch of time over yesterday and today. ou say you want "during not many hours (rotations of the clock -- hands, I suppose)" First, 'lon anpa' really is about bottoms and underneath, spatial. What you want is "during" which is not well settled, but I think is 'awen' as as a preposition or else yet another temporal 'la' clause. Then, I would move the 'mute lili' (and maybe leave out the 'mute') to the 'sike' so that it is clearly a few rotations, not a few clocks. 'sike pi ilo tenpo' can be (leaving time machines out of it for now) either an hour or a half-day -- or a minute, I suppose. I think the convention of having it be an hour is a good one. So 'sike lili pi ilo tenpo la mi kama sona e ni' is the safest form.
mi pilin ala e ni: nimi mute lili pini pini li pona ala pona.
I suspect 'mi sona ala e ni', "I don't know whether ??? are good or not" ??? = "several words completely finished (or past)" "Next to last"? Well, I get the analogy: "if 'tenpo suno pini' means "yesterday", then 'tenpo suno pini pini' ought to mean "day before yesterday" and so on. But I don't think it does; I think that is 'tenpo suno pini nanpa tu' (though I am very not sure). Or even 'tenpo suno tu pini'. Sentences are more than just several words; we tend to use 'kulupu nimi' or even 'kulupu nimi pini', I think, to show structure. I still don't know how to say, "next to last sentence"
mi kama sona e toki pona tan lipu pi wawa ilo ni. mi ken toki kepeken toki pona: ni li pona suli e mi.
I suppose you only mean you like it a lot, not that it is a physically big treasure to you, so 'mute' (number or degree) not 'suli' (size). Do you really mean that it improves you, as you well might, or do you just mean you like it, 'pona tawa mi'?
wawa ilo li sama e linja sewi walo laso."
'wawa ilo' sounds like the force generated by a tool, not the force that operates it -- to me, of course. I'm not sure how to make the distinction in tp (or, briefly, in English). I don't have a good word for electricity, though 'wawa' seems sure to be a part of it. Your version of "lightning" here is better than on the other list, though I might have gone with 'pi walo laso' for clarity. 'sama' here is simply stating an identity, so is used prepositionally, i.e., doesn't need the 'e'.

"nim' pi tok' pon' li sul' sul' : ni li ik' e mi. wek' sul' nim' pi tok' pon' li kon ut' tu. ni li ken kon ut' wan. jan li pok' waw' sul' tan ni. jan ali o, sin' pilin e sem'?

ni li jaki ali tawa mi. ni li pakala e toki pona.