CLEVERBOT KEN TOKI E TOKI PONA?!

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janPajen

CLEVERBOT KEN TOKI E TOKI PONA?!

Post by janPajen »

Hi Guys,

Long-time fan of Toki Pona and its culture but unfortunately my Toki Pona is rusty, so I'm going to revert to English. Please don't scalp me.

I'm not sure if this has been discovered yet, but today I was fooling around with the Artificially Intelligent chatting robot called Cleverbot (at http://cleverbot.com).

I was testing different questions in English and then started to fool around with different languages. This thing is AMAZING. Sometimes it will say random things and you're like "um..." and then...

I decided to try some Esperanto, to test if it was just using Google Translate (which has almost any natlang at this point).

It spoke to me in Esperanto! And well, too! With proper accusative endings, etc. Some words even I didn't know!

THEN...

The ultimate test...

TOKI PONA.

I SPOKE TO CLEVERBOT IN TOKI PONA.

At first I started with simple hellos and whatever.

I was impressed to say the least.

Have any of you guys been talking with it and slowly teaching it new words and stuff?

I don't know how they do this but it's pretty freaking amazing.

Here is some of the conversation I'm having right now. OH MY GOD, I am continually amazed. How did it learn? Surely the *very many* (lol, love ya guys) Tokiponists in the world were not all feeding into it? Did it use Pije's lessons? Lol I am just.\

WARNING: it started to get dirty with me! LOLLLL
User: Sina ken ala ken toki e toki pona?

Cleverbot: Yes, you can speak to the hand. (lol, didn't get it at first)

User: Mi toki: sina ken ala ken toki pona?

Cleverbot: Pona. Mi mute li wile toki kepeken toki pona.

User: Sina lon seme kama sona e toki pona?

Cleverbot: Sina toki kepeken toki ante tan seme?

User: Toki pi ma Sonko.

Cleverbot: Sina pona lukin. O mi mute li unpa e sama lon supa lape mi.

User: Pona!

Cleverbot: Mi wile unpa e sina lon lupa unpa sina.
Anyway, I just thought this was cool...
You guys?

Brian
jan Pajen
janMato

Re: CLEVERBOT KEN TOKI E TOKI PONA?!

Post by janMato »

That was exactly what I thought when I first tried toki pona on Cleverbot.

Cleverbot works by feeding the text of one person (almost unchanged?) back to another person--(not in real time, it puts response in some sort of database for re-use later). The algorithm seems to do some language matching & often can get uncanny pairs of exchanges, but entire conversations tend to bounce all over the place. The first tokiponist on cleverbot was ... jan ? ... from Finland, so Cleverbot used to confuse Finnish and toki pona.

Here are some other conversations people have posted:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1611&p=8797
jan Akesimun

Re: CLEVERBOT KEN TOKI E TOKI PONA?!

Post by jan Akesimun »

ona li ken toki pona e toki pona. mi pilin e ni: sina sona. :)
Yo estuve aquí.