suna pona tawa ale

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
janKipo

Re: suna pona tawa ale

Post by janKipo »

Skip the first 'lon' (maybe a case of thinking of .'lon' as "is").
Or even 'Kili en telo NASA Kili mute li Lon ma Sile' (sorry about the autocorrect)
janMato

Post by janMato »

janKipo wrote:Skip the first 'lon' (maybe a case of thinking of .'lon' as "is")
"li lon" to mean exist is intransitive, but it can take the regular pre-verbal complements (ken, wile, etc), post verbal complements (kin, ala), and what else? If it has a noun complement, I read it as a locative phrase.

Some people use mute as a synonym for "really, indeed, a lot" mi wile moku mute. And in the opposite, "mi sona lili e ni" "I barely understand this"

If there was a crisp break between the verb and the adverb, it would be easier to parse "li lon mute"
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

It is intended to mean "there is a lot of", which 'mute' does all by itself.
Yes, 'lon' in that position is a verb (intransitive in this case) and can still take a noun complement (though, as you note, with a change of meaning).
I am not quite sure what 'mute' would mean as an adverb to 'lon' "exists" "really exists" (despite your beliefs to the contrary) is 'lon kin', I think
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

janSelosi wrote: "[there's] lots of fruit and wine in Chile"
Kuti wrote:kili en telo nasa li lon mute lon ma Sile
so... next try :
kili mute en telo nasa mute li lon ma Sile :ugeek:
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Nice and safe and all right. A little more daring would be 'kili en telo nasa mute li', which is ambiguous, but one path is what you want, so, if you can guide the hearer down that path, you've saved a word (big whoop!)
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

ok, i see ^^
thanks