toki mute pi ma Kanse

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
Mako

toki mute pi ma Kanse

Post by Mako »

tenpo suno ni la mi tawa ma mani pi ma tomo mi. mi wile toki kepeken toki Kanse lon kulupu pi toki Kanse. jan lawa kulupu li meli Kanse pi sin ala. ona li tan ma tomo Masilija li toki kepeken toki Kanse kepeken toki Kowensa kepeken toki lili Mase. ona li jan lili la jan lawa Kanse li toki e ni: jan pi kama sona li ken toki kepeken toki Kanse taso. jan li pakala la jan sona li pana e ike tawa jan pi kama sona tan toki Kowensa kepeken utala pi ilo palisa.

mi la toki ale li toki pona. ni li ike: jan lawa li wile pakala jan pi toki ante. tenpo pini mute la jan pi ma tomo Mase li sitelen e lipu la ona li kepeken toki Kowensa. jan ala li sitelen e lipu kepeken toki Kanse. jan pi ma tomo Mase li sona pona e ni.

Kowensa = Provencal, per French pronunciation and analogy with Kanse from Francais.
Mase = Marseilles
Last edited by Mako on Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
janMato

Re: toki mute pi ma Kanse

Post by janMato »

Mako wrote:tenpo suno ni la mi tawa ma mani pi ma tomo mi. mi wile pali e ni: mi wile toki kepeken toki Kanse lon kulupu pi toki Kanse.
Today I went to my financial district (?) of my city. I wanted to want to speak in French amongst the francophones.

Why the double want?
Mako wrote:jan lawa kulupu li meli Kanse pi sin ala. ona li tan ma tomo Masilija li toki kepeken toki Kanse kepeken toki Kawensa kepeken toki lili Masilija. ona li jan lili la jan lawa Kanse li toki e ni: jan pi kama sona li ken toki kepeken toki Kanse taso.
The community's leader is an old French woman. She is from Masilija and speaks French and Kawensa and Masilian(?) If (when?) she were a child, French leaders said that students are able to speak only French.

Okay, so the mayor speaks one of the minor languages of France like Breton or Occitan?

Help me out with the proper modifiers, I don't recognize Masilija or Kawensa.

entire la sentence to indicate "When X was happening" - Already discussed elsewhere, jan Kipo (If I understood) seemed to think it's okay, I still think that a la phrase that established time is clearer if it has tenpo in it somewhere.
Mako wrote: jan li pakala la jan sona li pakala e jan pi kama sona kepeken ilo palisa. mi la toki ale li toki pona. ni li ike: jan lawa li wile pakala e jan pi toki ante. tenpo la jan li sitelen e lipu sona kepeken toki Kawensa la jan ala li sitelen e lipu sona kepeken toki Kanse. jan pi ma tomo Masilija li sona e ni.
If a person makes a mistake, the teacher breaks (utala = hit) the student with a mechanical rod. As for me, all language are great. It's unfortunate that leaders want to break (punish?), people of other languages. In time, if one write the page of knowledge with Kawensa , no will use French to write pages of knowledge. The people of Masiliya know this.

tenpo la -- not sure what this means. Eventually? If you had in mind, future, it's clearer to say "tenpo kama"

I would have said utala for strike.

I would have said "li pana e ike tawa jan tawa ijo (or tan ijo)" for "to punish someone for something"

pakala definitely takes an "e" If in doubt, use an "e", otherwise one will have to convince the world that the word right after the initial verb is somehow okay or has precedent.

I don't understand the last part. I thought French was winning and the minor languages are dieing out.
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

MESSAGE DELETED
Last edited by Kuti on Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

'Kawensa' is a puzzle for S. France; the nearest I can think of is Querenc,a in Portugal.

Yes the double 'wile' and the use of 'pali' for the empty "do" are bad tp.
I suspect the repeated 'kepeken's are cumulative rather than coordinate "French with a Marsilian Kawensa accent"
Not "mayor," just "group leader."
Context really will decide in this case: "When she was young, the French government decreed that students may speak only in French."
Yes, 'utala' rather than 'pakala' -- we want a bit of student left after. Probably the traditional ruler, but maybe a cane or switch.
'pakala' is probably right for what language purists want for the non-U.
'tenpo la' = "sometimes" (?) "When some one writes a clever book in Kawensa, nobody translates it into French". I suspect that 'tenpo mute' is more accurate, and the translation part is fairly opaque, needing at least a 'lipu ni' to work clearly ('ante e lipu ni tawa toki Kanse' is more usual).
Mako

Post by Mako »

mi ante e sitelen mi tawa toki pona. mi toki e ni: kin la jan lawa kulupu li sin ala mute.