tenpo suno pi moku mute

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
Mako

Re: tenpo suno pi moku mute

Post by Mako »

janMato wrote:interesting observation about "ijo"-- of the various words, that a likely word for grammaticalizations-- it is already semantically bleached and kind-of works as an inanimate indefinite pronoun. I wonder what this things (pi, ijo) would be called -- post-verb topic markers?
Adverbials? At after 'toki'.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Well, 'ijo' is a noun and 'pi' is a function word connecting NPs to longer modifiers. Attached to verbs, I suppose 'ijo' would be an adverb of some sort and so would be the modifiers 'pi' attached. I suppose 'ijo' can be used in a general way, like 'jan', as a pronoun of sorts, though it works better with 'ni' or some such added, that is, as a noun.
Mako

Post by Mako »

janKipo wrote:Well, 'ijo' is a noun and 'pi' is a function word connecting NPs to longer modifiers. Attached to verbs, I suppose 'ijo' would be an adverb of some sort and so would be the modifiers 'pi' attached. I suppose 'ijo' can be used in a general way, like 'jan', as a pronoun of sorts, though it works better with 'ni' or some such added, that is, as a noun.
If 'ijo' works better as a noun after the addition of 'ni', this deictic reinforcement indicates a weakened nominal sense -before_ semantic bleaching.
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

No, it works better as a substitute pronoun when 'ni' is added (and probably because of 'ni'). As a noun,l it works just fine by itself.
Mako

Post by Mako »

tenpo ni la mi sona e toki sina.