A food magazine?

Community: Meet and greet, introductions, networking, gatherings, events, what's new in your life?
Komunumo: Interkoniĝo, sinprezentoj, socia retumado, renkontiĝoj, eventoj, kio novas en via vivo?
jan_Pusa

A food magazine?

Post by jan_Pusa »

So I remember back in the days when the LiveJournal community was THE place for TPists to be. I used to do a weekly on food there (some of the articles even made it to jan Mato's relexifier). Those were the days.

How different the TP community is then and now. I do make an effort to support this unique language through literature. I can see a lot of new names, some of which look promising. And I then I thought: "Why not write about food again?"

This time, I want to do it magazine-style, like a mini-mag. Perhaps three articles per issue on a regular basis? This sounds ambitious and time-consuming (we all have jobs, right?) but if there is enough support for this, I probably will do this.

So, whatchathink?
P.S.: An editor will be needed if this pushes through.
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.
janKipo

Re: A food magazine?

Post by janKipo »

As a foodie (and without a job), I love this idea. But I wonder about feasibility. tp has virtually no words for foods of any specificity, nor for measurements nor for techniques nor for utensils. "Boil three cups of chicken stock in a stockpot" is either going to be longer than a recipe for gado-gado (about the longest I know) or depend on a lot of intuition rather than explicit directions. But we will make up this deficit pretty fast and it seems a deficit worth making up.
janMato

Post by janMato »

There was the clafouti/Clafotis recipe:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081117070 ... /moku.html

toki pona instructions + pictures = clear enough.

I gotta try to make some filipino gulai again. My significant other is part filipino, her mom is from the Philipines via Guam, so my son is learning a bit of Tagalog and learning to eat some filipino dishes. But we're in Takoma Park Maryand, hippie town USA, so it's all vegetarian.

pancit, it's ang sarap!
jan_Pusa

Post by jan_Pusa »

I'm not really thinking of recipes, since I know how tricky it is to write one in TP (I have a feeling jan Mato tried my recipe for water spinach in oyster sauce ;) ). Maybe more on food-related essays and/or something about Filipino food and food culture (Pancit, Munggo, Laing, Budol fight, Merienda, etc.)
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.