sitelen sitelen tool

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
Baerdric

sitelen sitelen tool

Post by Baerdric »

I hope it is not out of place to mention this, which I have not seen posted on this forum yet.

http://livingtokipona.smoishele.com/exa ... input.html

A tool using the glyphs and remastered vector graphics mentioned on this sub board.
I answer to jan Linja Sinpin Loje but you can call me jan Loje
janKipo

Re: sitelen sitelen tool

Post by janKipo »

Thanks. It is up on Facebook and there is an earlier version (worth comparing?). I personally abhor codes, but I know others like them and, so long as they don't abuse them (by not providing the clear), they are a harmless pastime.
jan Same

Post by jan Same »

Woah! Great work! pona mute mute!
A year ago when I decided to make my glyphs avaible,
one of the top reasons was that maybe someday, someone would know how to make a typing program.
I'm so happy my vectorised glyphs were put to good use :D
Congratulations, this is great great work!
Baerdric

Post by Baerdric »

To avoid any confusion I should make it completely clear that none of this is my work, I'm just posting a link. The link has full attribution at the bottom of the page, which I quote below :
Attribution

This live sitelen sitelen sandbox web app is made possible by the great work done work before me.

Toki Pona is an artificial language invented in 2001 by Sonja Lang as an attempt to understand the meaning of life in 120 words. In my own search, I am convinced this language should not be used to translate large bodies of text or as an actual means of communication but as a personal tool for soul searching.

Sitelen Sitelen or Sitelen Suwi is a project created by Jonathan Gabel in 2012 who created a non-linear writing style for Toki Pona inspired by Mayan script. I try to keep the algorithm behind the sitelen sitelen renderer in the spirit of Jonathan's project and allow for the different ways of drawing the sitelen sitelen.

The sitelen sitelen renderer parses text based on the context-free grammar by Zach Tomaszewski in 2012. I am continuing to improve this grammar now that I find it to give wrong parses in more exotic sentences.

The grammar is parsed using a parser based on the JavaScript implementation of the CYK parsing algorithm by Yurii Lahodiuk. I altered it a bit so that the output fits more to what I need for the non-linear writing system.

The vectorized glyphs are based on the excellent work by jan Same. To make my SVGs scalable I sadly had to get rid of the non-uniform stroke widths. Also I have slightly different ideas about how to use the containers so I took the liberty of slightly altering some glyphs.
I answer to jan Linja Sinpin Loje but you can call me jan Loje
jan Same

Post by jan Same »

Ah ok, sorry for not reading correctly :?
But still, great work nonetheless, and thanks for sharing. :)