Philippine Script Series

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan_Pusa

Philippine Script Series

Post by jan_Pusa »

toki! After weekends spent on research, I present to the TP Community: the Philippine Script Series!

The .zip file contains the following:
-> About: Information about the writing systems, as well as references used in my research. Please note that I do not intend for this to be academical, just for your information.
-> Samples: Samples of the writing systems

Constructive opinions are welcome!

jan Pusa
Attachments
PhSS_tpf.zip
(309.67 KiB) Downloaded 537 times
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.
janKipo

Re: Philippine Script Series

Post by janKipo »

Fascinating. I didn't even know there were alternate writing systems for Philippine languages, let alone that there were many of them and so complex. Seeing them, I assume they go back eventually to Indic bases, though it is hard to see at this time. The three-vowel system does present ony the one problem in tp, so any work-around for it means that system can be used petty smoothly (vowels are rarely very significant in unofficial words, it seems, but if you can work around kin-ken, you can probably find reasonable solutions generally).
Thanks for this information.
jan_Pusa

Re: Philippine Script Series

Post by jan_Pusa »

Well, all PH nat-scripts hare a common ancestor in the Kawi script (although not obvious). The con-script, Eskayan, has its origins in Latin script and body parts.
olin jan li ike la ni li pakala mute.
Kung ang mahalin ka ay bawal, ito'y napakasakit.