New proposal of alphabet with PC fonts

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
burnaron

New proposal of alphabet with PC fonts

Post by burnaron »

Toki ale o!

Here I present to you a proposal of tokipona alphabet with PC fonts, in order to use it with the computer too.

Some examples:

Here the font to use it:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50223453/tokip ... unalon.ttf

Here the file in order to modify the font with fontforge:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/50223453/tokip ... unalon.sfd

Best regards,
Jan Punalon
bronger

Re: New proposal of alphabet with PC fonts

Post by bronger »

I think it is sensible to have one glyph per syllable rather than per (Latin) letter. Moreover, I like the idea of making an "n" at the end of a syllable a diacritic mark.
Torsten Bronger
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

burnaron wrote:Here I present to you a proposal of tokipona alphabet with PC fonts, in order to use it with the computer too.
thank you for this presentation. could you please also present the following points:
1. what are the goals of this new script?
2. what are its advantages and disadvantages compared with latin and other scripts earlier proposed for toki pona?
burnaron

Post by burnaron »

thank you for this presentation. could you please also present the following points:
1. what are the goals of this new script?
2. what are its advantages and disadvantages compared with latin and other scripts earlier proposed for toki pona?
My script is just for fun... it doesn't pursue any goals... just for amusement and aesthetics...
Just another script more... but with its own pc fonts...

Nothing else,
Jan Punalon
janSilipu

Post by janSilipu »

I tend to stay out of these discussions, but two notes. The printed version has three pairs that look to be easily confused, the informal forms more. This is about comparable to the Latin forms, so no particular advantages, bout the additional disadvantage of unfamiliarity. No obvious mnemonic for the new forms (did I miss it?). But prettynenough for monuments and party invites.