toki luka pona

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
janMimoku

toki luka pona

Post by janMimoku »

I have been working for some time on a toki pona sign language (of course it's really a codified spoken languages, but still a pretty cool one), and most of it is functional now, some words are still missing, but I have a "fingerspelling" system based on syllables (pretty much mimicking my syllable writing system, it should still be online on LiveJournal and you can see it in action at www.mimoku.tk, using a special made font for it.)

I think it would be pretty cool to publish videos of it online. What should I sign in such videos?
janMato

Re: toki luka pona

Post by janMato »

seme? mi kute ala e sina. o toki wawa!

What is the best of the toki pona corpus? Well, there's tens of documents to choose from.

jan Kipo's dialogs are a good idea: http://tpnimi.blogspot.com/ There are other dialogs, but they are often chopped up, threaded, and mixed language.

Gilgamesh (jan Ote), Beyond Your Control (my translation, et al.), toki pi kalama pona suli (jan Josan) are good options for republishable large texts. If you are in Canada or some other IP-restriction free zone, the tp version of Le Petite Prince.

There are tons of translated songs and poetry.

For material that is just easy, & reasonably short, jan Ote et al.'s strange animals or aki Dave's diaries.