siltelen sin pi toki pona : a new toki pona script

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan Josan

Re: siltelen sin pi toki pona : a new toki pona script

Post by jan Josan »

I ran across this website for another project a few days ago, and it got me back into converting the sitelen suwi into a font. It may help you with converting your font into an Internet Explorer readable font: http://www.fontsquirrel.com
jan_Jopi

Post by jan_Jopi »

janMato wrote: I've lost track of jan Jopi's transliterator-- he recently updated his character list and I haven't caught up. jan Jopi uses a lot more Japanese, especially for the grammatical particles.
taso mi ante e lipu sitelen ni la mi pana tawa sina e toki mute ! :roll:

ilo ante pi sitelen toki pi ma Nijon li lon lipu ni :

http://tokipona.lemondeflottant.fr/

I personally think it makes more sense to have the grammatical particles written with non-semantic (i.e just expressing a sound) characters. They are rare in Chinese (啊, 嘿, 啦), and still hold some meaning, and are visually the same as any other characters, whereas japanese kana puts visual 'rythm' in the sentence and makes it easy to read, even whithout any spacing.
Last edited by jan_Jopi on Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jan_Jopi

Post by jan_Jopi »

jan Majika, your script is very nice, graceful and quick to write and remember, as all the signs make easy sense. Good job !

Also the fact you designed it as a font for chinese character is very clever !

For my diary entries in toki pona, I will stick to tengwar for the moment, but yours is a very good shorthand, I will adopt it if elves come too close to my diary !