nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
janKipo

Re: nasin sitelen ali pi toki pona

Post by janKipo »

This would make a great appendix for a tp book -- except that it will encourage yet more adaptations of existing systems and the creation of yet others. That's relatively harmless until someone gets serious about an idea. Of course, I still have hopes for English getting an adequate alphabet, but that will do away with spelling bees and ruin the lives of countless Asian-American children.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

janKipo wrote:This would make a great appendix for a tp book -- except that it will encourage yet more adaptations of existing systems and the creation of yet others. That's relatively harmless until someone gets serious about an idea.
.. So.. I probably shouldn't mention that I've been trying to adapt and create more..
janKipo wrote:Of course, I still have hopes for English getting an adequate alphabet, but that will do away with spelling bees and ruin the lives of countless Asian-American children.
An adequate alphabet? It has several adequate alphabets, and some other systems too. It just happens that nobody ever learns or uses them. :P
Last edited by jan Akesimun on Thu May 05, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

As someone at my book club said, every time in Central Asia when they change the alphabet they create a generation of illiterates & everything written in the old script drops out of sight. But they are doing that for religious and nationalist reasons with the assistance of an effective central government, small chance of that happening in a small, disorganized, online community. I still have hopes for kanji/chinese catching on, but we'd need a big surge in Chinese fans for it to happen. Maybe I should put some time into translating the lessons with google translate into Chinese.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

I dunno. I've read that the Chinese translate doesn't make a distinction between the different "dialects", so it's kind of like if somebody made a Google Translate Celtic or something.. I could be wrong though.
I still have hopes for kanji/chinese catching on
I do use the kana sometimes. I'd be happy to use characters too if this computer could show them.
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

We were lacking in alternatives for writing tp, fortunately we now have a proposed spec for Inuktitut.

http://www.nightlynoise.com/2011/11/blog-post.html
Jan KoAla

Post by Jan KoAla »

I didn't post this here to avoid ridicule ! But yeah, I think it looks cool, like what you'd find in some generic sci-fi film. Was surprised to see it supported natively so thought I'd see how it looks and worked out something for tokipona. Take a look and change it if you want, sometimes the different shapes are hard to follow, but it's pretty easy to get the hang of. However, I don't think I could ever hand write it, or at least I'd have to improve my handwriting a bit, with ᐃ ᐅ ᐊ all being seperate sounds.