Page 3 of 9

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:30 am
by jan Josan
Interesting. I've never put the punctuation on the side like that. I have usually used it as a pedestal for the sentence to rest upon. I couldn't be confused with anything else this way, though.

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 pm
by jan-ante
jan Josan wrote:Interesting. I've never put the punctuation on the side like that. I have usually used it as a pedestal for the sentence to rest upon. I couldn't be confused with anything else this way, though.

Image

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:39 am
by jan Josan
I see now how drawing on the computer makes rotating images much easier in planning. I still had to turn the paper to copy your rotated alignment of pona. I wish there was a way to squish glyphs up against each other as easily though. I find it so much more pleasing to draw the ala pinned between two ponas, then to try to move around the vector glyphs to fit.

Image

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:22 pm
by jan-ante
jan Josan wrote: I find it so much more pleasing to draw the ala pinned between two ponas, then to try to move around the vector glyphs to fit.

may be i didnt get your problem, but you dont have to. put the ala first, then both pona slightly overlapping with ala, and you will get the same image

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm
by jan Josan
Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to a different style, or maybe I have to make the digital images more square. But, for instance in the following I feel like the 'jan utala pona ni' fits so much more comfortably into the 'e' in the one that is hand-drawn:

Image
Image

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm
by jan-ante
yes square e looks better. do you have more glyphs in powerpoint?

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:24 am
by jan Josan
jan-ante wrote:yes square e looks better. do you have more glyphs in powerpoint?

I'm putting together a complete set now so I can post them all at once. I am also making separate preposition 'heads' to make surrounding other glyphs easier. I think maybe I'll make a couple sized containers too to use as 'li' and the prepositions, a couple sizes of 'e', and maybe 'la' too so it can be used as a container. anything else that might be useful you can think of?

Re: sitelen suwi

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:59 pm
by jan-ante
jan Josan wrote: anything else that might be useful you can think of?

no, i think we should try and see what do we need else

Re: PS

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:29 pm
by jan Josan
Here is a powerpoint with the full set of glyphs. I also reworked the original set, cleaning up a line here and there, and converting all the lines to pure black.

sakeaakekmsoyni?

Posted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 pm
by jan-ante
Image