sitelen suwi

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan-ante

Re: sitelen suwi

Post by jan-ante »

janMato wrote:I did a toki pona colorization. It is part of speech driven and the colors were chosen by my intuition and experience from working with computer programming language source code coloring:

http://tokipona.net/tp/DisplayText.aspx
it seems that "color prepositions" option does not work
janMato

Post by janMato »

oops, state machine bug. It doesn't start coloring prepositions until you navigate to a different document.

And even then, because prepositionhood depends on location, I'm not smart enough to decide what is a preposition and what is a verb (li kepeken), so I just colorize all the six prepositions.

I think this is an illustration that toki pona's grammar isn't context free, which is too bad because a machine parseable toki pona would be handy for some applications.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

janMato wrote: What stand will you take on the apocrypha? (all those words that are in various status of proposed but not used, obsolete, etc)
I've added three new glyphs to sitelen sitelen for alasa, kipisi, and namako. Thanks to Joe Corneli for his initial glyph suggestions and feedback on my modifications.

I'm wondering what I should work on posting next. Looking through jan Pj's lessons, I realize there is a lot to get through before I hit the important ones, namely pi and la. I'm also not so sure following lesson by lesson is so important at this point either.

Here are the things on my list, any that someone would be interested in seeing first I can work on next:

-- Lessons 11 (pi), 17 (la), 12 (conjunctions), 16 (numbers).

-- More galleries of my finished drawings and drawing by others.

-- A explanation of a strictly linear version and any extra characters is would require.

-- Vector versions of the glyphs. I want to make versions of the work that can be saved as .svg / HTML5canvas. Im interested in using them with a javascript library called paper.js, but they could also be used in many other contexts and exported in other formats.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

pona a! I'll add those to my list of tp writing systems. :)
Yo estuve aquí.
janMato

Post by janMato »

I vote for instructions on creating a linear version. I would even promise to follow up and implement it on my toki pona tools website, which already has one not so optimized version (because I don't know how to circle text already written)
Delphij

Post by Delphij »

mi kepeken e sitelen sina.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0324_n.jpg

Could you read it? :)
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

Nice! I think it says "jan jaki li ike."
Delphij

Post by Delphij »

jan Josan wrote:Nice! I think it says "jan jaki li ike."
Almost :3 It was thought to say {jan jaki li pakala ike.}

It's maybe a little hard to distinguish pakala and ike, I made the ike eat the pakala to make it look cooler xD
janKipo

Post by janKipo »

Okaaaay! that is spooky enough for the look of the message.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

mi kama jo e tenpo lili li kulupu e sitelen lon lipu mi. jan Ante li lon. jan Telepi li lon. mi pana e sitelen pi jan Laughton kin. sitelen ona li sin li lon lipu pi kulupu ni ala. jan Mato o mi pana e sitelen sina kin. o lukin e ni