sitelen suwi

Signs and symbols: Writing systems (hieroglyphs, nail writing) and Signed Toki Pona; unofficial scripts too
Signoj kaj simboloj: Skribsistemoj (hieroglifoj, ungoskribado) kaj la Tokipona Signolingvo; ankaŭ por neoficialaj skribsistemoj
jan Josan

Re: sitelen suwi

Post by jan Josan »

jan Ote wrote:End of page, center: "mi wile e ni: mi tawa tomo mi." is painted with a container surrounding "tomo mi". Is it intentional?
Yes, in this case tawa is acting as a verb and a preposition so it contains the object. If it was 'mi tawa e tomo mi' the 'tomo mi' would be in the 'e' and the tawa would stand on it's own. In this way, it also avoids some of the ambiguities inherent in written toki pona-- the situations where jan Kipo has suggested using commas to separate verbs and prepositions
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

jan Josan wrote:New: chapter 6 on prepositions added to sitelen sitelen.
very nice, but you forgot poka
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

Prepositions II: chapter 7 added to sitelen sitelen.
(Yes, jan ante, this one has poka.)
jan Ote

Post by jan Ote »

jan Josan o pali e sitelen toki sin pi kama sona, tan pona sina. mi awen tawa ni.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

tenpo suli la mi weka. o lukin e sitelen nimi sina! pona a!

mi pali e toki sin. o lukin e ni: negation and yes/no questions
Last edited by jan Josan on Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

jan Josan wrote:tenpo suli mi weka.
insert la
janMato

Post by janMato »

jan Josan wrote:I have been working for a while on a hieroglyphic script using toki pona. It's non-linear, and fairly impractical for computer use,...
Well, despite all that, I wrote a tool for linear sitelen seli transliteration. I haven't implemented the little fish syllabary, but I'm working on it.

I've got a few questions, notwithstanding the goal of this being a hand drawn script first
* It looks like I need a pair for all words with the "li" bump, or an alternate character for "li", or does it mean the verb's are circled and overlapped with the last word of the subject?
* Container characters -- In a linear script, I'm thinking I might be able to do parenthesis style containers- chop each container in half and put half on each side of a phrase.
* In plans in the works for drawing any of the new words?
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

* It looks like I need a pair for all words with the "li" bump, or an alternate character for "li", or does it mean the verb's are circled and overlapped with the last word of the subject?
Yes, just a simple circle like the outside of lupa, or a squared circle, like the outside of mi would work. I think what you mean by circled and overlapped is the dotted line in the image for 'li' -- this is what the dotted line in the current character image represents, that the verb character(s) are encircled and attached to the subject.

* Container characters -- In a linear script, I'm thinking I might be able to do parenthesis style containers- chop each container in half and put half on each side of a phrase.
This would be interesting to try. When it's written linearly, I'm not sure what would be better, as you have it or some parenthesis-like device.

* In plans in the works for drawing any of the new words?
Yes, but not until Sonja fills in their definitions. In the mean time I have just been writing them out with the syllabary.
jan Akesimun

Post by jan Akesimun »

jan Josan o, sina pali e sitelen pi nimi sin anu seme? :)
Yo estuve aquí.
jan Josan

Post by jan Josan »

jan Akesimun o toki! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was away traveling for most of the last month. I am working on completely gutting my website and redesigning the pages. First up are all the pages for sitelen sitelen, which I hope to get up in the next week. The redesign should make it much easier for me to finish the lessons, and then put up a gallery of images, both mine and from others. There are a lot of images that I've been meaning to post forever, like the piece that jan Mato owns. Send me any drawing you've done from the lessons and I'll be sure to add them to the gallery!