i hope you won't mind me hijacking this thread.
when thinking about toki pona i often try to translate everyday words. sometimes i am pleased with my ideas, sometimes i am not so satisfied.
- a dog: soweli pi jan alasa. a hunter's animal. then again, this could also mean game animals.
- a cat: soweli pi moku waso. an animal catching birds. i don't want to get into having to first describe a mouse
- a doctor: jan pi pona jan. a person helping other people. vague.
- a fridge: poki lete
- a pizza: pan sike lipu. a round and flat bread. not perfect, but concise
- milk: telo soweli
- yogurt: ko walo pi telo soweli. a white dairy matter
- butter: ko jelo pi telo soweli. a yellow dairy matter. dairy products are difficult to disambiguate
- a cow: soweli ma pi lawa pi nena palisa. a horned animal from plains.
- a goat: soweli nena pi lawa pi nena palisa. a horned animal from hills.
if you know a much better way to express any of the words, please let me know.