Updated lessons

Language learning: How to speak Toki Pona, translation problems, advice, memory aids, tools and methods to learn Toki Pona and other languages faster
Lingva lernado: Kiel paroli Tokiponon, tradukproblemoj, konsiloj, memoraj helpiloj, iloj kaj metodoj por pli rapide lerni Tokiponon kaj aliajn lingvojn
bronger

Re: Updated lessons

Post by bronger »

Technically, WikiBooks is a good place for such a project. However, its admins are non-Toki-Pona people, so you cannot establish a board of editors there. This is probably not a big deal because I don't expect conflicts, but if there are any, the project has got a problem.

Be that as it may, someone must pick up the task and just do it.
Torsten Bronger
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

to me it is a bit strange to see how the europeans stick to copyright, wiki-projects, facebook, etc. however, at this forum we have some experience with such a projects, e.g. "jan Kikamesi" of jan Ote, or "toki pi kalama pona suli" of jan Josan. just start a topic "new book of TP", and put a first chapter as a first message. then everyone can suggest a corrections. consider them and put the corrected version, etc. Would you like to start such a topic or i should?
bronger

Post by bronger »

I don't think that this would work. Knight's book consists of dozens of pages. You may collect many comments for each page, and follow-ups to each comment. Working on a book in a web forum is not feasible. Of course you're free to give it a try, but I won't do that.
Torsten Bronger
aikidave

Post by aikidave »

I have the first 8 of jan Pije's lessons posted at:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Updated_ja ... 7s_lessons

I had lesson 9 all edited and when I tried to save it, I got the following wikibooks error message:
"An automated filter has identified this edit as potentially unconstructive, and it has been disallowed. If this edit is constructive, please report this error. "
Anyone familiar with wikibooks know what that means? I haven't used this wiki much before today.

(I just figured it out. Wikibooks filter didn't like jan Pije's "Heather is a whore", so I changed it to "Heather is a sexy person").

I have kept the wiki markup really simple on these lessons. I figure a number of people will be editing the pages, so the easier the markup, the better.

Any thoughts on what markup to use on text that is under discussion / review?