Dave's writing exercise - car crash

Language learning: How to speak Toki Pona, translation problems, advice, memory aids, tools and methods to learn Toki Pona and other languages faster
Lingva lernado: Kiel paroli Tokiponon, tradukproblemoj, konsiloj, memoraj helpiloj, iloj kaj metodoj por pli rapide lerni Tokiponon kaj aliajn lingvojn
aikidave

Dave's writing exercise - car crash

Post by aikidave »

tenpo suno pini la tomo tawa pi meli mi li pakala. tomo tawa ante li utala e tomo tawa pi meli mi. jan ala li pakala. tomo tawa pi meli mi li tawa lon sinpin kiwen. meli mi li lawa pona e tomo tawa. jan ante li lawa pona ike e tomo tawa. tomo tawa pi suli wawa li kama. ona li weka e tomo tawa mi. lupa tu pi tomo tawa li pakala. jan pona li ken pona e tomo tawa.

All comments / corrections to my text are welcome. I am still trying to learn TP.
Thanks,
Dave

Yesterday my wife's car was in an accident. Another car hit with her car. No one was hurt. Her car landed on a stone wall. My wife drives well. The other person drives badly. The tow truck arrived. It removed her car. Two doors of her car was damaged. The repair man is able to fix the car.
jan-ante

Re: Dave's writing exercise - car crash

Post by jan-ante »

aikidave wrote: jan ante li lawa pona ike e tomo tawa.
The other person drives badly.
why "lawa pona ike"?
just "jan ante li lawa ike e tomo tawa"
aikidave

Re: Dave's writing exercise - car crash

Post by aikidave »

jan-ante: Good catch. The 'pona' does not belong in that sentence. I found 4 other errors before I posted but I missed that one.

And jan Sonja, thank you for the Advanced numbers, mute = 20 and ale/ali = 100.
http://en.tokipona.org/wiki/Advanced_numbers
I think this is an elegant and simple solution for representing higher numbers. Now I can tell people how old I am using 5 words instead of 11 words !