new words

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
MorphemeAddict@wmconnect.com

new words

Postby MorphemeAddict@wmconnect.com » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Where are the latest new words posted?  Is there an official announcement by Sonja?



jan Setepo / stevo

AJK

Re: new words

Postby AJK » Wed May 21, 2008 10:59 am


no official announcement. the new words appear in the newest
dictionary on the official website (the english/esperanto to toki pona
ones, not the toki pona backwards) and they appeared in the
wikipedia-article.

2008/5/21 <MorphemeAddict@wmconnect.com>:
> Where are the latest new words posted? Is there an official announcement by
> Sonja?
>
> jan Setepo / stevo



--
http://iompostiom.net/trovu-la-ringon-perditan


Rick Miller

Re: new words

Postby Rick Miller » Wed May 21, 2008 12:18 pm


I remember reading that there would be 2 new words, and I heard Sonja
mention "pan" (bread) in an interview.

What's the other new word? Are there more?


Rick Miller

Re: new words

Postby Rick Miller » Wed May 21, 2008 12:25 pm


Correction... "pan" seems to mean "grain" or any grain product.


Rick Miller

Re: new words

Postby Rick Miller » Wed May 21, 2008 12:28 pm


A brute-force search of the English->Toki Pona dictionary also turned
up "esun" ("shop").


John E Clifford

Re: new words

Postby John E Clifford » Wed May 21, 2008 1:28 pm

Presumably a noun, but then (following usual patterns) an intransitive verb, then a transitive one ('shop for') and then, derivatively, 'merchandise.'
Maybe even, eventually, 'buy' and 'sell.'
----- Original Message ----
From: Rick Miller <rdmiller3@gmail.com>
To: tokipona@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:28:15 AM
Subject: Re: [tokipona] new words



A brute-force search of the English->Toki Pona dictionary also turned

up "esun" ("shop").





piskku_1

Re: new words

Postby piskku_1 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:22 am


I did this small list with ideas for new words. I put it here so
everybody can put some new ideas.

toki pona new words:

(A)

E
I
J
(K)
"kani" (canine animal, dog) from: italian (canne)
"kipu" (pain, suffering) from: finish (kipu)
"kusi" (kiss) from: dutch (kus)
(L)
"lit" (light) from: german (Licht) english (light)
M
N
O
(P)
"popu" (like, enjoy) from: croatian (poput)
S
(T)
"tati" (star, asteroid, planet) from: finish (tähti)
U
W

ANY NEW IDEAS YOU CAN ADD HERE!


galactonerd

Re: new words

Postby galactonerd » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm


jan li ken toki e ijo ni kepeken nimi pi toki pona:

kani --> soweli pona (<Laadan lanemid, lan "jan pona" + mid "soweli")
kipu --> pilin ike
kusi --> pana e uta
lit --> suno
jan X li popu e Y --> Y li pona tawa jan X
tati --> suno lili


--- In tokipona@yahoogroups.com, "piskku_1" <piskku_@...> wrote:
>
> I did this small list with ideas for new words. I put it here so
> everybody can put some new ideas.
>
> toki pona new words:
>
> (A)
>
> E
> I
> J
> (K)
> "kani" (canine animal, dog) from: italian (canne)
> "kipu" (pain, suffering) from: finish (kipu)
> "kusi" (kiss) from: dutch (kus)
> (L)
> "lit" (light) from: german (Licht) english (light)
> M
> N
> O
> (P)
> "popu" (like, enjoy) from: croatian (poput)
> S
> (T)
> "tati" (star, asteroid, planet) from: finish (tähti)
> U
> W
>
> ANY NEW IDEAS YOU CAN ADD HERE!
>


Jim Henry

Re: Re: new words

Postby Jim Henry » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:32 pm


On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:05 PM, galactonerd <galactonerd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> tati --> suno lili

anu "suno" taso.

suno Antale li suli mute li pana e suno mute.
suno Sola li suli lili li pana e suno lili. taso ni li pona tawa mi mute.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antares

--
Jim Henry
http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/conlang/fluency-survey.html
Conlang fluency survey -- there's still time to participate before
I analyze the results and write the article


galactonerd

Re: new words

Postby galactonerd » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:25 pm


taso jan ale li sike e suno Sola.  tawa mi mute la, suno Antale li
lili. jan li tawa suno Antale la, suno Sola li lili tawa ona.

jan Sosuwa

--- In tokipona@yahoogroups.com, "Jim Henry" <jimhenry1973@...> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:05 PM, galactonerd <galactonerd@...>
wrote:
>
> > tati --> suno lili
>
> anu "suno" taso.
>
> suno Antale li suli mute li pana e suno mute.
> suno Sola li suli lili li pana e suno lili. taso ni li pona tawa
mi mute.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antares
>
> --
> Jim Henry
> http://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/conlang/fluency-survey.html
> Conlang fluency survey -- there's still time to participate before
> I analyze the results and write the article
>



Return to “toki pini pi kulupu Jaku”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron