Some translation.

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Dominique Unruh

Some translation.

Post by Dominique Unruh »

I decided to translate - just for fun - the abstract of some recentlycompleted work to Toki Pona. The topic is far to complicated for TokiPona, but I have ventured it anyway. Any comments on my translationare welcome.(Lines with * are the TP translation, lines with ] are theword-by-word English equivalent, the original English text can befound at the end of this mail)* toki lili] Abstract/Resumé* wan li ken lukin lon pali ni e ni:] In this work one can see the following:* sona pi lukin ala pi wan lili li ike.] Quantum cryptology is complicated.* taso tenpo la toki pali li pona, en toki pali ante li pona,* kama la toki pali tu pi kama wan li kin pona.] But if one protocol is secure, and another protocol is secure,] their composition is also secure.* tenpo la wan lili ala la toki pali pi wan lili ala li pona,* kama la wan lili la toki pali ni li kin pona.] If some classical protocol is secure in the classical case,] then this protocol is also secure in the quantum case.Some discussion:I have translated protocol as "toki pali", since a protocol is aseries of instructions (toki) about what to do (pali).Cryptology is the science of the hidden (AFAIK at least whentranslating the word literally from greek), i.e. the science ofdont-see, "sona pi lukin ala"."Quantum" is translated to "wan lili", i.e. little particle, becauseQuantum effects usually are only observable when considering verysmall particles."Classical" in this context is the absence of "quantum", thus "wanlili ala".The "composition of two protocols" is "toki pali tu pi kama wan",meaning roughly "two protocols, which became one".The original abstract (of which I have only tried to capture the basicideas, of course) goes as follows:===AbstractThe objective of this work is to introduce the notion of formalsecurity into quantum computation. In order to achieve this, weintroduce a new security model, containing a quantum communicationmodel. We will lay some stress on formal details to show which are theproblems arising in a formal definition of quantum security.Based on this model we will analyse some basic aspects of quantumprotocols:- Are quantum protocols composable?- Do classically secure classical protocols stay secure in a quantum environment?Both questions we will answer by and large positively. This discussion(and especially the proofs) will be less formal, because of thecomplex nature of the underlying communication processes.===DniQ.