IF YOU ARE A HUMAN*

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
peace86@peace4all.biz

IF YOU ARE A HUMAN*

Post by peace86@peace4all.biz »

This article is about Human beings, Democracy, UNHCR, Refugees, The Iraqis,Islam, Kurds, Human rights, Respect, Money, Donations, Angelina Jolie,Pavarotti, Giorgio Armani, Donors, Peace, History, Campaigns and about you ifyou care about these words.Hi there,I am SAM, an Iraqi refugee living in Lebanon at the moment; I have spent thelast 9 years of my life as a refugee registered with the UNHCR in Beirut. Thelast 3 years, I have spent as an activist for peace and human rights (especiallyrefugees and asylum seekers) on the Internet; I'm also books author and ebookspublisher. I have launched many campaigns to improve our situation as refugeesin Lebanon and hopefully bring more understanding to our problems worldwide. Ihelped make many changes and improvements at the UNHCR office in Beirut; I usedthe Internet as the field for my activities (you can read more about that in myfree ebook ‘MY CAMPAIGNS’ http://www.unhcr.co.uk/truth/free_ebooks.htm ).My latest campaign is to stop the UNHCR from conducting illegal and humiliatingactions, by using photos of refugees as banners and human-buttons to collectmoney. This is an abuse of the dignity and humanity of the refugees and muststop immediately and a clear public apology present by the United Nations HighCommissioner of Refugees. My friends, I am talking about the pictures you cansee here: http://www.unhcr.co.uk/if_human/if_human.htmAs I’m a refugee and an activist for human rights, I feel that the problems ofrefugees are not being solved by the UNHCR in fact their policies are worseningthem. I have been saying this since the first day I started my activities and Isaid then that “If we want to improve the situation of the refugees in the worldwe must start with changing the policies of the UNHCR,” I even wrote this in mybooks.The people of the UNHCR have used these pictures as banners and buttons tocollect money from donors. As a human being and a refugee, I felt these picturesrepresent a bad and offensive example of the disrespect for our humanity asrefugees and asylum seekers. It does nothing to represent the meaning and theprinciples that were mentioned in the UN51 convention. It fills me with pain andsorrow to see this disrespect to our dignity and humanity and also how they aredeceiving the community with these pictures.Unfortunately, the people who work at the UNHCR are working hard to present toyou a portrait of a refugee as a poor human being who's problem will end whenyou donate a few $$$. Please look at their website (just google for the unhcr)and look at the pictures there. Everywhere on the site you'll just see picturesabout poor people!They have worked hard to establish a deep-rooted connection between poverty andrefugees. Everywhere in the world now if you ask anyone what the word 'refugee'means the answer will be "a poor person who has lost his home", does any one ofyou know another meaning for the word?They have showed you just one thing: poor people as refugees and they made itclear that by paying some money to them, the problem will be solved; all itneeds is financial resources! When you look directly at their websites, thepictures of poor people will grab your attention straight away! For UNHCR, theproblem is money only! We all as humans need money, but not only the money!There are many things in the life not only money, for example things like whatyou could read in my free ebook ‘REFUGEES FARM’http://www.umacr.org/truth/free_ebooks.htmWhen I started to post in Yahoo groups mentioning I’m a refugee, many peopledidn’t believe me, and they asked, “how it was possible for me to have access tothe Internet?” I was astonished at the beginning but afterwards I understood thereality of what they were saying and started to post messages telling the truthand because of this the UNHCR declared war on me and prosecuted me. So then Istarted to call myself “The Truth Warrior” because I am struggling to tell youthe truth