Conlang test sentences, part 3

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Jim Henry

Conlang test sentences, part 3

Post by Jim Henry »

toki sin tan: http://www.xapia.com/sentences.php>1. Everyone except the king does not admire the king.jan ali weka jan suli li pilin ala e ni: jan suli li pona.Mi ne certas, ke "weka" kiel "krom" tauxgas, sed mi ne scias kielalie diri.I'm not sure using "weka" for "except" really suits,but I don't know how else to express it.>2. The tallest and smallest men in the world both joined the circus.jan suli mute en jan lili mute li kama lon e kulupu musi.jan ante ali li suli sama ala li lili sama ala.person tall very and person small very come at group artful.people other all of world tall thus not and short thus not.Tio ne tute trafas, cxar Tokopono malhavas plej-formon de adjektivojaux "plej"-partikulo.That's not quite right, because Toki Pona lacks a true comparative orsuperlative.>3. Exactly two goblins hate every wizard.jan Uluka tu taso li pilin ike tan jan sona ali.anu: ...li olin ala e jan sona ali.>6. The president of every country knows the president of every other country.jan suli pi ma ali li sona e jan suli ali pi ma ante ali.>9. The Queen of Hearts' only daughter is loved by exactly three suitors.jan suli meli pi pilin ali li mama e jan lili meli taso.mije tu wan taso li wile olin e jan lili ni.>10. At least two known terrorists are hated by everyone except themselves.jan pakala ike tu li lon. jan ali weka ona li olin ala e ona.Tio forlasas la "almenaux", kiun mi ne scipovis diri tokipone.That leaves out the "at least" qualifier, which I could not see howto render.Simila problemo malhelpas la tokiponigon de cxi tiu:The same problem prevents me from translating this:>12.Anyone who repsects someone who respects the current president of>the United States is not respected by at least one person.jan Goren li pona e toki ni:>16. This is the boy who played with the toy that scared the frog that>splashed the dog that chased the cat that ate the rat that killed the>mouse that lived in the house that Jack built.jan lili li lon. ona li musi kepeken ilo musi. ilo ni li kama pilinike e akesi. akesi ni li pakala telo e soweli suli. soweli suli nili utala e soweli lili. soweli lili ni li moku e soweli ike. soweliike ni li moli e soweli lili lili. soweli lili lili ni li lon tomo pijan Jakopo.toki mute ni li pona ala pona?- Jim Henryhttp://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/esp.htm