Honorifics.

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
maskettenimminy

Honorifics.

Post by maskettenimminy »

Hello! (First post.) I'm a newcomer to Toki Pona; I still have a lot to learn.Despite that, my studying Japanese and Japanese honorifics has made me wonder...Would any want to come up with a set of Toki Pona honorifics?It wouldn't need to be made official, just something for fun,and also because jan is rather repetitive.
John E Clifford

Re: Honorifics.

Post by John E Clifford »

Well, on the up side, try 'pona' (of course) and 'suli' and maybe 'sewi' and'lawa.' On the down side (deprecatives?), I think 'jaki' has it over 'ike' butI don't know where to go from there.More to the point, of course, is that the philosophy behind tp rejects any suchnotion as honor (in the relevant sense), being strongly egalitarian. So, plainol' 'jan' works just fine from jan sonja to the rawest newbie.________________________________From: maskettenimminy <lady_miss_lady@yahoo.com>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 9:19:39 AMSubject: [tokipona] Honorifics.Hello! (First post.) I'm a newcomer to Toki Pona; I still have a lot to learn.Despite that, my studying Japanese and Japanese honorifics has made me wonder...Would any want to come up with a set of Toki Pona honorifics?It wouldn't need to be made official, just something for fun,and also because jan is rather repetitive.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]