: Re: toki!

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Francois Schwicker

Re : Re: toki!

Post by Francois Schwicker »

Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? This would bea beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !--- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net> a écrit :De: jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net>Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!À: tokipona@yahoogroups.comDate: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34--- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, John E Clifford <kali9putra@ ...> wrote:>> student class, learners (maybe te implication is to distinguish from jan (pikulupu pi jan) sona, but I'm not sure why that would be)>OK thanks. But he said 'kama pona', not 'kama sona'. In Google there's no'kulupu pi kama pona'. Not in a single web page.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
jan_sewe

Post by jan_sewe »

--- In tokipona@yahoogroups.com, Francois Schwicker <bubi4919@...> wrote:>> Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? This wouldbe a beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !>> --- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@...> a écrit :>> De: jan_sewe <serge.g@...>> Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!> À: tokipona@yahoogroups.com> Date: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34>Yes, you're quite right, François: 'jan pi kulupu pi kama pona' sounds like'member of the welcoming team' or something like this - though I'd find it soweird to be considered as a staff member of our community... :)
John E Clifford

Re: Re : Re: toki!

Post by John E Clifford »

I like the idea, too, but I read 'kama pona' as "improving, getting good" and Iassumed that meant "at toki pona"________________________________From: jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:36:19 AMSubject: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!--- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, Francois Schwicker <bubi4919@.. .> wrote:>> Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? This wouldbe a beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !>> --- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@... > a écrit :>> De: jan_sewe <serge.g@... >> Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!> À: tokipona@yahoogroup s.com> Date: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34>Yes, you're quite right, François: 'jan pi kulupu pi kama pona' sounds like'member of the welcoming team' or something like this - though I'd find it soweird to be considered as a staff member of our community... :)[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Liogab11

Post by Liogab11 »

Translation: I think Serge is a member of the welcoming commitee.He's usually the first to welcome jan pi toki pona sin, since ona li lon sinpinpi computer all day...tan ni la mi pilin pakala.--- On Thu, 30/4/09, jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net> wrote:From: jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net>Subject: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comDate: Thursday, 30 April, 2009, 5:36 PM --- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, Francois Schwicker <bubi4919@.. .>wrote:>> Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? This wouldbe a beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !>> --- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@... > a écrit :>> De: jan_sewe <serge.g@... >> Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!> À: tokipona@yahoogroup s.com> Date: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34>Yes, you're quite right, François: 'jan pi kulupu pi kama pona' sounds like'member of the welcoming team' or something like this - though I'd find it soweird to be considered as a staff member of our community... :) Get your new Email address!Grab the Email name you've always wanted before someone else does!http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
John E Clifford

Post by John E Clifford »

sina pakala ala. kulupu nimi pi toki pona li sona e ijo mute. tenpo mute la janpi toki pona li lukin e ona li pakala________________________________From: Liogab11 <liogab11@yahoo.com>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:30:00 AMSubject: Re: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!Translation: I think Serge is a member of the welcoming commitee.He's usually the first to welcome jan pi toki pona sin, since ona li lon sinpinpi computer all day...tan ni la mi pilin pakala.--- On Thu, 30/4/09, jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte. net> wrote:From: jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte. net>Subject: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!To: tokipona@yahoogroup s.comDate: Thursday, 30 April, 2009, 5:36 PM--- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, Francois Schwicker <bubi4919@.. .> wrote:>> Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? This wouldbe a beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !>> --- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@... > a écrit :>> De: jan_sewe <serge.g@... >> Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!> À: tokipona@yahoogroup s.com> Date: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34>Yes, you're quite right, François: 'jan pi kulupu pi kama pona' sounds like'member of the welcoming team' or something like this - though I'd find it soweird to be considered as a staff member of our community... :)Get your new Email address!Grab the Email name you've always wanted before someone else does!http://mail. promotions. yahoo.com/ newdomains/ aa/[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Kevyn

Post by Kevyn »

pakala li ken pona tawa jan a! :) "tenpo ale la o pilin e mi lon lawa sinali kama jan anpa mili kama lon anpa mi li olin e mi.sina kama sona e mi la,sina kin kama tawa mi." - jan sewi suli Kisina lon lipu sewi Kita9.34________________________________From: John E Clifford <kali9putra@yahoo.com>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:54:34 AMSubject: Re: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!sina pakala ala. kulupu nimi pi toki pona li sona e ijo mute. tenpo mute la janpi toki pona li lukin e ona li pakala. __________________________________________________________________Looking for the perfect gift? Give the gift of Flickr!http://www.flickr.com/gift/[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
jan_sewe

Post by jan_sewe »

OK, I see! You read it as an intransitive verb, like bonigxi.But since 'kama pona!' also means 'Welcome!', I read it transitively, likebonvenon!I happen to prefer your interpretation, although only the other one wasintended...--- In tokipona@yahoogroups.com, John E Clifford <kali9putra@...> wrote:>> I like the idea, too, but I read 'kama pona' as "improving, getting good" andI assumed that meant "at toki pona">>>>> ________________________________> From: jan_sewe <serge.g@...>> To: tokipona@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 4:36:19 AM> Subject: Re : [tokipona] Re: toki!>>>>>> --- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, Francois Schwicker <bubi4919@ .> wrote:> >> > Maybe, the group of those who wish "Welcome" the the new members ? Thiswould be a beautiful example of the flexibility of toki pona !> >> > --- En date de : Jeu 30.4.09, jan_sewe <serge.g@ > a écrit :> >> > De: jan_sewe <serge.g@ >> > Objet: [tokipona] Re: toki!> > À: tokipona@yahoogroup s.com> > Date: Jeudi 30 Avril 2009, 1h34> >> Yes, you're quite right, François: 'jan pi kulupu pi kama pona' sounds like'member of the welcoming team' or something like this - though I'd find it soweird to be considered as a staff member of our community... :)>>>>>>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]>