LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel the Elder''s Golden Rule

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Jim Henry

Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel the Elder''s Golden Rule

Post by Jim Henry »

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Sai Emrys <saizai@gmail.com> wrote:> You're obviously welcome to do it in as many as you like, but FWIW for> the poster, it'll be one per person. So please let us know which you> want to be on it.Does that apply to conlangs created by other people? I said at LCC3I'd do the Shema in Esperanto and Toki Pona as well as gzb; here'sHillel's version of the Golden rule in those languages:Tion, kio malagrablas al vi, ne faru al via proksimulo.pali ijo li ike tawa sina. o pali ala e ni tawa jan ante!(I'm open to suggestions from other Esperanto or Toki Ponaspeakers on the list about improving those. In particular,I wonder if "aliulo" or "kunulo" might be more apt than"proksimulo" (I chose the latter because it's used in relatedcontexts in the Esperanto translation of the Bible, e.g.the parable of the Good Samaritan), and whether thetwo sentences in my Toki Pona version might should/ could be joined into one with "la". I'm disinclined todo so because of the length of the first clause.)--Jim Henryhttp://www.pobox.com/~jimhenry/
Kevyn

Re: Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel the Elder''s Golden Rule

Post by Kevyn »

I think that:ijo li ike tawa sina la o pali ala e ike ni tawa jan ante.If something is bad for you, don't do this bad to others."If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, Iwill accept it.""Se oni Min ofras ame kaj adoreme folion, floron, frukton au' akvon, Mi akceptosg'in.""jan li pana olin e kasi anu kasi kule anu kili anu telo tawa mi la mi kama jo eona."Bhagavad Gita 9.26tan lipu toki sewi Kita 9.26 On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Sai Emrys <saizai@gmail. com> wrote:> You're obviously welcome to do it in as many as you like, but FWIW for> the poster, it'll be one per person. So please let us know which you> want to be on it.Does that apply to conlangs created by other people? I said at LCC3I'd do the Shema in Esperanto and Toki Pona as well as gzb; here'sHillel's version of the Golden rule in those languages:Tion, kio malagrablas al vi, ne faru al via proksimulo.pali ijo li ike tawa sina. o pali ala e ni tawa jan ante!(I'm open to suggestions from other Esperanto or Toki Ponaspeakers on the list about improving those. In particular,I wonder if "aliulo" or "kunulo" might be more apt than"proksimulo" (I chose the latter because it's used in relatedcontexts in the Esperanto translation of the Bible, e.g.the parable of the Good Samaritan), and whether thetwo sentences in my Toki Pona version might should/ could be joined into one with "la". I'm disinclined todo so because of the length of the first clause.)--Jim Henryhttp://www.pobox. com/~jimhenry/ __________________________________________________________________Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.com[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
jan_sewe

Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel the Elder''s Golden Rule

Post by jan_sewe »

--- In tokipona@yahoogroups.com, Kevyn <silverwings_88@...> wrote:>> "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, Iwill accept it."> "jan li pana olin e kasi anu kasi kule anu kili anu telo tawa mi la mi kama joe ona."Or maybe even better:... la mi kama jo pona e onato convey the notion of acceptance.
John E Clifford

Re: Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel the Elder''s Golden Rule

Post by John E Clifford »

jan sewi ni li jan Kisina. nimi Gita li sona e kalama musi toki. nimi Bhagavadli sona e jan pi pana pona.________________________________From: Kevyn <silverwings_88@yahoo.com>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:33:36 PMSubject: Re: [tokipona] Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillelthe Elder's Golden RuleI think that:ijo li ike tawa sina la o pali ala e ike ni tawa jan ante.If something is bad for you, don't do this bad to others."If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, Iwill accept it.""Se oni Min ofras ame kaj adoreme folion, floron, frukton au' akvon, Mi akceptosg'in.""jan li pana olin e kasi anu kasi kule anu kili anu telo tawa mi la mi kama jo eona."Bhagavad Gita 9.26tan lipu toki sewi Kita 9.26On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Sai Emrys <saizai@gmail. com> wrote:> You're obviously welcome to do it in as many as you like, but FWIW for> the poster, it'll be one per person. So please let us know which you> want to be on it.Does that apply to conlangs created by other people? I said at LCC3I'd do the Shema in Esperanto and Toki Pona as well as gzb; here'sHillel's version of the Golden rule in those languages:Tion, kio malagrablas al vi, ne faru al via proksimulo.pali ijo li ike tawa sina. o pali ala e ni tawa jan ante!(I'm open to suggestions from other Esperanto or Toki Ponaspeakers on the list about improving those. In particular,I wonder if "aliulo" or "kunulo" might be more apt than"proksimulo" (I chose the latter because it's used in relatedcontexts in the Esperanto translation of the Bible, e.g.the parable of the Good Samaritan), and whether thetwo sentences in my Toki Pona version might should/ could be joined into one with "la". I'm disinclined todo so because of the length of the first clause.)--Jim Henryhttp://www.pobox. com/~jimhenry/____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Kevyn

Post by Kevyn »

pona mute! tenpo wan la mi wile ante e lipu toki sewi Kita tan toki Inli en tokiSankitu tawa toki pona tan ni: mi jan nasin pi jan sewi suli Kisina. lipu tokisewi Kita li pona mute tawa mi a!mi wile kepeken e toki Inli pi jan lawa sewi Papupa (Prabhupada) tan ni: ona lijan nasin pi jan sewi suli Kisina.taso mi sona mute e ni: toki en pilin pi lipu toki sewi Kita li suli mute. tasomi wile pali e ni sama pali musi.mi jo e lipu. tenpo kama lili la mi wile pana e toki ante.http://sites.google.com/site/janlasika/sina kalama sewi eAle Kisina Ale KisinaKisina Kisina Ale AleAle Lama Ale LamaLama Lama Ale Alela sina kama pilin pona a!________________________________From: jan_sewe <serge.g@laposte.net>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 1:06:57 PMSubject: [tokipona] Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillel theElder's Golden Rule--- In tokipona@yahoogroup s.com, Kevyn <silverwings_ 88@...> wrote:>> "If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, Iwill accept it."> "jan li pana olin e kasi anu kasi kule anu kili anu telo tawa mi la mi kama joe ona."Or maybe even better:... la mi kama jo pona e onato convey the notion of acceptance. __________________________________________________________________Yahoo! Canada Toolbar: Search from anywhere on the web, and bookmark yourfavourite sites. Download it nowhttp://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Kevyn

Post by Kevyn »

pona a! jan sewi suli Kisina li toki e toki lipu sewi Kita. pilin pi nimiBhagavad (Pakawa) li 'sewi.' pilin pi nimi Gita li 'kalama sewi.' nimi aleBhagavad-Gita li 'kalama sewi pi jan sewi suli.'________________________________From: John E Clifford <kali9putra@yahoo.com>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:29:56 PMSubject: Re: [tokipona] Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillelthe Elder's Golden Rulejan sewi ni li jan Kisina. nimi Gita li sona e kalama musi toki. nimi Bhagavadli sona e jan pi pana pona.____________ _________ _________ __From: Kevyn <silverwings_ 88@yahoo. com>To: tokipona@yahoogroup s.comSent: Tuesday, April 7, 2009 2:33:36 PMSubject: Re: [tokipona] Re: [CONLANG] LCC3 gift to Hillel: translate the Hillelthe Elder's Golden RuleI think that:ijo li ike tawa sina la o pali ala e ike ni tawa jan ante.If something is bad for you, don't do this bad to others."If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, Iwill accept it.""Se oni Min ofras ame kaj adoreme folion, floron, frukton au' akvon, Mi akceptosg'in.""jan li pana olin e kasi anu kasi kule anu kili anu telo tawa mi la mi kama jo eona."Bhagavad Gita 9.26tan lipu toki sewi Kita 9.26On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:09 PM, Sai Emrys <saizai@gmail. com> wrote:> You're obviously welcome to do it in as many as you like, but FWIW for> the poster, it'll be one per person. So please let us know which you> want to be on it.Does that apply to conlangs created by other people? I said at LCC3I'd do the Shema in Esperanto and Toki Pona as well as gzb; here'sHillel's version of the Golden rule in those languages:Tion, kio malagrablas al vi, ne faru al via proksimulo.pali ijo li ike tawa sina. o pali ala e ni tawa jan ante!(I'm open to suggestions from other Esperanto or Toki Ponaspeakers on the list about improving those. In particular,I wonder if "aliulo" or "kunulo" might be more apt than"proksimulo" (I chose the latter because it's used in relatedcontexts in the Esperanto translation of the Bible, e.g.the parable of the Good Samaritan), and whether thetwo sentences in my Toki Pona version might should/ could be joined into one with "la". I'm disinclined todo so because of the length of the first clause.)--Jim Henryhttp://www.pobox. com/~jimhenry/____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo!Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers. yahoo.com[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed] __________________________________________________________________Instant Messaging, free SMS, sharing photos and more... Try the new Yahoo!Canada Messenger at http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]