AW: Question on pronunciation of vowel e

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Helmut Voigt

AW: Question on pronunciation of vowel e

Post by Helmut Voigt »

jan David o, toki!One of the many nice features of toki pona is the variety of "allowed" forms ofpronounciation. In short: tay-loh or teh-low or even deh-lo and the like for"telo" are all fully correct. The main things to observe are the stress on thefirst syllable and not to pronounce "u" as in "music", "i" not as in "ivory" and"a" not as in "alien". There is no need to bother about aspirating or notaspirating t, p, and k - you're free to do it or not, as you like.mi wile e ni: sina pilin e ni: toki pona li pona mute mute mute tawa mi.jan Elumutu (jan pi ma Tosi)--- daraffa <aikidave@gmail.com> schrieb am Di, 24.2.2009:Von: daraffa <aikidave@gmail.com>Betreff: [tokipona] Question on pronunciation of vowel eAn: tokipona@yahoogroups.comDatum: Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009, 4:11Hi, I just 'discovered' TP last week. I have memorized 30 vocabularywords so far and completed the lessons on basic sentence structure,direct objects and adjectives. I am confused at how the vowel e ispronounced. Is telo pronounced tehlo or taylo? Is wile pronouncedweeleh or weelay? How is the e which introduces the direct objectpronounced, eh or ay?I am looking forward to the day when I can post to this group in bothTP and English. Hopefully it won't be very long.Thanks in advance for your help.Dave Raftery[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]