AW: Questions about Toki Pona

Archives from the old Yahoo! group
Arĥivoj de la malnova Yahoo!-grupo
Helmut Voigt

AW: Questions about Toki Pona

Post by Helmut Voigt »

At present, colon and full-stop are used in toki pona. I think that commas,semicolons (;) or dashes are quite unnecessary in the light of tp's simplesyntactic structure. Whoever wants to use ? and ! may do so 8-))I believe that tp has to "ripen" more before becoming an international language,and I am sure that despite all previous discussions about "right and left" orlarge numbers or "pi" chains, etc.But I remain optimistic!jan Elumutu--- master1077 <master1077@yahoo.com> schrieb am Mi, 18.2.2009:Von: master1077 <master1077@yahoo.com>Betreff: [tokipona] Questions about Toki PonaAn: tokipona@yahoogroups.comDatum: Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009, 12:41Do you think it can be the international language? Do you think it canreally express everything by using it's root words. I believe so sincethe Chinese can do it and Toki Pona is very similar to it but what doyou believe? Do you think Toki Pona should only be written with the 14letters and the period or should it be written with colons (:),explanation marks (!), question marks (?), etc...?Do you think Toki Pona has a future and if so, what future? Will itreplace the European-centric Esperanto?[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Sammy Skookum

Re: AW: Questions about Toki Pona

Post by Sammy Skookum »

I've always been against the idea of toki pona as an IAL, or adding math and allthe other things needed to make a new international language. We have thosealready. We have Esperanto, and Interlingua, and some other lesser knownsfighting for that crown. toki pona is a great language for what it was designedfor, the anti-lojban, a dreamy and vague language for naked jungle elfs and hobograffiti.________________________________From: Helmut Voigt <akesi_palisa@yahoo.de>To: tokipona@yahoogroups.comSent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:55:43 AMSubject: AW: [tokipona] Questions about Toki PonaAt present, colon and full-stop are used in toki pona. I think that commas,semicolons (;) or dashes are quite unnecessary in the light of tp's simplesyntactic structure. Whoever wants to use ? and ! may do so 8-))I believe that tp has to "ripen" more before becoming an international language,and I am sure that despite all previous discussions about "right and left" orlarge numbers or "pi" chains, etc.But I remain optimistic!jan Elumutu--- master1077 <master1077@yahoo. com> schrieb am Mi, 18.2.2009:Von: master1077 <master1077@yahoo. com>Betreff: [tokipona] Questions about Toki PonaAn: tokipona@yahoogroup s.comDatum: Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2009, 12:41Do you think it can be the international language? Do you think it canreally express everything by using it's root words. I believe so sincethe Chinese can do it and Toki Pona is very similar to it but what doyou believe? Do you think Toki Pona should only be written with the 14letters and the period or should it be written with colons (:),explanation marks (!), question marks (?), etc...?Do you think Toki Pona has a future and if so, what future? Will itreplace the European-centric Esperanto?[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]