I can no longer edit my Toki Pona website.

Toki Pona news: new website, upcoming book, announcements from the language's creator
Tokiponaj novaĵoj: nova TTT-ejo, venonta libro, aperonta libro, anoncoj de la kreinto de la lingvo
Pije

I can no longer edit my Toki Pona website.

Post by Pije »

Hi,

This is Pije (Bryant Knight).

I can no longer edit my Toki Pona website. I can't delete files, nor upload new ones.

If anyone has some webspace to spare and wouldn't mind hosting my site, please let me know. My whole site is less than 12 megabytes.

Thanks.
janMato

Re: I can no longer edit my Toki Pona website.

Post by janMato »

Sure, do you have in mind a mirror? I can post an exact duplicate to tokipona.net (not to be confused with tokipona.org). Now that I think about it, I probably could set you up with a ftp account as well.

Do you expect your old site to go down? The only down side to my suggestion is that if the old site stays up and the new one evolves, there will be some confusion as to what is current.

jan Sonja asked me (and a few other people) a few days ago to help with/take over site admin (or something), but seems to have since changed her mind. But if I ever get upload rights to tokipona.org, I can help mirror to that.
Pije

Post by Pije »

An FTP account would be great. I'd like to be able to edit the site. I have one new text I'd like to upload, along with a few other minor changes to some of the existing pages.

I don't expect the old site to be taken down.

All I'd be able to do is make toki.co.nr redirect to the new URL.
janMato

Post by janMato »

You check your yahoo mail? I think I sent it to the right address, it didn't bounce.

As I said in my message, the mirror site is up:

http://tokipona.net/tp/janpije/

I also created you an ftp account and verified it works with your credentials.
Pije

Post by Pije »

I'm aware that many people are still using the old version of my site ( http://bknight0.myweb.uga.edu/toki/ ).

That website will go offline permanently at the end of this month.

The new version of my site is generously hosted by jan Mato and can be accessed at toki.co.nr

I'm aware that my site is a little "outdated," to put it nicely. If I can find the motivation and time, I hope to gradually update the site in the coming months.

A few people have asked, so to clarify: I doubt I'll make many revisions to my lessons any time soon. When I first wrote the lessons in 2004, there was a strong need for TP educational texts. I felt that new lessons were almost necessary, and I hoped the ones I wrote would help popularize Toki Pona within the conlang scene. (And they did!) Fortunately, nowadays there's much more interest in TP, and others have written various lesson sets, some even better than mine, not to mention the new lessons published in Sonja's book. In other words, my lessons aren't "necessary" like they once were, so I'd rather spend my time fixing up other parts of my site.

Thanks,
Pije (Bryant)