To get an account

Toki Pona news: new website, upcoming book, announcements from the language's creator
Tokiponaj novaĵoj: nova TTT-ejo, venonta libro, aperonta libro, anoncoj de la kreinto de la lingvo
janMato

Re: To get an account

Post by janMato »

I think what is happening is that jan Sonja configured the email to appears be from gmail, but it isn't. In the past this didn't stop email. Then gmail would mark it with a warning. Now it seems to just go to the spam folder. I have admin rights on the forum, but since I sort of a guest admin, I won't change that email address configuration. Either that or outgoing email on the server stopped-- I don't have the powers to even check that.
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

ah :? pakala mute :arrow:
Kuti

Post by Kuti »

|15:48:22| <skymandr> toki! one thing would be to repair forum registrations.
|15:48:34| <skymandr> at the moment that doesn't seem to work.
|15:48:44| <Kuti> toki, forum and/or tokilili ?
|15:48:52| <skymandr> forum
|15:48:58| <Kuti> ah
|15:49:21| <skymandr> There is a post (on the forum) on the issue, but nothing seems to have been done about it.
|15:49:35| <Kuti> not good :s
IRC
janMato

Post by janMato »

I'll start manually approving accounts and sending the notification via my own email account. I don't seem to be getting any email from the forums period. I don't know if jan Sonja is too busy to participate in forum administration, so I still can't test my theory about changing the respond to name. Also I see inactive accounts that don't have gmail accounts which shouldn't suffer from the "gmail thinks this is a spoofed sender" problem.

Anyone else still getting email notifications for sign up or when someone replies on a forum?
janSewi

Post by janSewi »

Thanks a lot!