mi mute li kepeken e ilo sin tan seme?

Toki Pona news: new website, upcoming book, announcements from the language's creator
Tokiponaj novaĵoj: nova TTT-ejo, venonta libro, aperonta libro, anoncoj de la kreinto de la lingvo
jimhenry

mi mute li kepeken e ilo sin tan seme?

Post by jimhenry »

I'm curious about the abrupt shift to this web forum and the closing of the tokipona Yahoo group. Was there discussion about this that I missed? (I haven't been reading every message lately.)

Personally, I find mailing lists a lot easier to use and keep track of than web fora, at least for low-traffic groups like this.

Mi scivolas, kial ni subite ŝanĝis al ĉi tiu TTT-forumo kaj kial oni fermis la tokipona-listgrupon. Ĉu estis diskutoj pri tio, kiujn mi ne legis?

Persone, mi preferas retpoŝtajn listgrupojn al TTT-forumoj, aparte por malgrandaj komunumoj; laŭ mi ili estas pli facile uzeblaj.
blahma

Re: mi mute li kepeken e ilo sin tan seme?

Post by blahma »

Mi konsentas pro la samaj kialoj.
I agree for the same reasons.
mi pilin sama li jo e tan sama.
-- jan Male
Sonja

Post by Sonja »

It's my fault! :) I am responsible for the move.

I didn't like how everything was hosted on Yahoo! so I moved it to my own website. I'll figure out a way to have it function like an e-mail list for those of you who prefer to use it that way.

Sorry for the suddenness.
jimhenry

Post by jimhenry »

Sonja wrote:I'll figure out a way to have it function like an e-mail list for those of you who prefer to use it that way.
If that doesn't work, we could create a new list somewhere else. Both Google Groups and lists.conlang.org have much better interfaces than Yahoo Groups.
Sonja

Post by Sonja »

Thanks for bringing to my attention your preferred way of subscribing and posting to the discussion group. I'm looking into mods for phpBB to allow people to continue using forums in the way that Jim and jan Male prefer, if it will be possible.

My reasons for moving the forums to my own domain were:
  • To host the discussions and content on my own terms (instead of being dependent on a third party)
  • To better organize the discussions into sub-forums, so people can choose to participate in the topics and sub-topics that interest them instead of being flooded with all messages<br />(This also lets me participate more actively in the discussions instead of being the elusive creator that only appears once every 3 years. I want to narrow the gap between my vision and development of Toki Pona and the community's wanting more information about my project.)
  • To use advertising to recoup for the upfront unpaid time I've been dedicating to writing the upcoming book
Because it's taking me longer than anticipated to finish the book, I've begun publishing chunks of my drafts and content in the new Toki Pona wiki, which replaces the old website. I'm also migrating relevant content from the old site to this wiki. When I feel the fleshed out content is stable and satisfactory, I will publish it in book format for all those of you who requested it. The book edition will also contain plenty of bonus material I have prepared.

I'm publishing the wiki content under a Creative Commons licence, such that fellow Tokiponeers can contribute their translations of my material in other languages if they want.
jan-ante

Post by jan-ante »

Sonja wrote:To use advertising to recoup for the upfront unpaid time I've been dedicating to writing the upcoming book
nasin mani li ike.
but let's start anyway. i spent 1 week to learn tokipona and almost a month waiting for your reorganisation
Sonja

Post by Sonja »

mani li ike. taso mi wile moku.