soweli en ale

Altruism, alternative cultures, technology, simple living, sustainability, primitivism, etc.
Altruismo, alternativaj kulturoj, teĥnologio, simpla vivado, daŭrigebleco, primitivismo
ffuentes
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:39 am
Location: ma Sile
Contact:

soweli en ale

Postby ffuentes » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:39 pm

tenpo pini la mi pilin e ni: soweli li pilin ike la sina pilin ike. taso mi moku e soweli ante. ni li pakala. ni li ike!

mi pilin e ni: mi moku ala e soweli. taso mi pilin e ni kin: ni li pali mute. sijelo mi li wile e soweli moku. taso ni li lon ala :)

pilin ni li suli: ona mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala e soweli li moku e kasi laso jelo taso. mi moku e moku mute e moku ante!

ni li pona tawa sijelo sina. ni li pona tawa lawa sina :)

sina pilin e seme?
o sina pilin e ni: ale li pona.
o lukin e ni.

janKipo
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: soweli en ale

Postby janKipo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:38 pm

'jan pi moku ala e soweli' 'e' only occurs ina predicate and predicates don't occur in noun phrases, which this appears to be. If you shift a predicate over to modify a noun, all its components are reduced to modifier form (attached to the verb, with 'pi' if they are long), So 'jan li moku ala e soweli' becomes 'jan pi moku ala soweli'.
Who are the ona mute in line three? Only soweli seem available but they don't seem to fit the description.
Otherwise, an argument we all have from time to time.

jan_Lope
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: soweli en ale

Postby jan_Lope » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm

jan "Ffuentes" o, toki!


ffuentes wrote:pilin ni li suli: ona mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala e soweli li moku e kasi laso jelo taso.


This sentence combination is a bit long. In my opinion is this no good Toki Pona style.

In the last sentence you have a seperator "e" before a seperator "li" and then a seperator "e". The first "e" is wrong because an "e" can not before a "li".
pona!
jan Lope
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/ (Lessons)
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/dcg/ (Prolog and DCG)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of spamming.

janKipo
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: soweli en ale

Postby janKipo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:52 pm

That is half the problem. If it came after 'li' but still in an noun phrase, it would still be wrong.

jan_Lope
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: soweli en ale

Postby jan_Lope » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 am

ffuentes wrote:ni li pona tawa sijelo sina. ni li pona tawa lawa sina :)

sina pilin e seme?


jan "Ffuentes" o, toki!

tenpo pini la mi moku mute e soweli. tenpo ni la mi mute lili kin e soweli. taso mi moku e kala. kala sin li pona tawa mi.
pona!
jan Lope
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/ (Lessons)
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/dcg/ (Prolog and DCG)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of spamming.

jan Seli
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:03 pm

Re: soweli en ale

Postby jan Seli » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:49 pm

tenpo pini suli la mi moku e soweli. taso tenpo pini lili la mi moku ala e soweli. tenpo ni la mi moku lili e soweli sin.

lon li moku e moli. lon li ni. ni li lon. taso, sina ken moku lili e soweli la, o moku ala e soweli mute.

janKipo
Posts: 2741
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Re: soweli en ale

Postby janKipo » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:34 am

prob 'moku sin lili' "eat a little again"

ffuentes
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:39 am
Location: ma Sile
Contact:

Re: soweli en ale

Postby ffuentes » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:57 pm

jan_Lope wrote:jan "Ffuentes" o, toki!


ffuentes wrote:pilin ni li suli: ona mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala e soweli li moku e kasi laso jelo taso.


This sentence combination is a bit long. In my opinion is this no good Toki Pona style.

In the last sentence you have a seperator "e" before a seperator "li" and then a seperator "e". The first "e" is wrong because an "e" can not before a "li".


How would you say that? Kipo says 'jan pi moku ala soweli' is fine. I meant 'ona mute' to be something like 'they' or 'people' but now that I see it it doesn't make sense altogether. It rather should be something like "jan" or "jan mute". Besides, what did bother you? The length of the phrase alone? If so then it's harder to express this idea and a lot of things in toki pona. However, I could agree that long phrases in toki pona are annoying and I prefer to place full stops and break lines if it helps.

>jan mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala soweli li moku e kasi (laso jelo) taso.

jan_Lope wrote:
tenpo pini la mi moku mute e soweli. tenpo ni la mi mute lili kin e soweli. taso mi moku e kala. kala sin li pona tawa mi.


jan mute li moku e kala taso tan ni: jan mute wile kama jan pi moku ala soweli.
ante pi tenpo moku li wawa ala. mi pilin e ni: ni li pona tawa mi.

o lukin e ni: http://nutritionfacts.org/video/starvin ... estriction

jan Seli wrote:tenpo pini suli la mi moku e soweli. taso tenpo pini lili la mi moku ala e soweli. tenpo ni la mi moku lili e soweli sin.

lon li moku e moli. lon li ni. ni li lon. taso, sina ken moku lili e soweli la, o moku ala e soweli mute.


sina moku e soweli lili tan seme? sina pilin ala pilin ike? mi pilin e jan pi wile sona mute a a a!
o sina pilin e ni: ale li pona.
o lukin e ni.

ffuentes
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:39 am
Location: ma Sile
Contact:

Re: soweli en ale

Postby ffuentes » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:00 pm

jan_Lope wrote:jan "Ffuentes" o, toki!


ffuentes wrote:pilin ni li suli: ona mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala e soweli li moku e kasi laso jelo taso.


This sentence combination is a bit long. In my opinion is this no good Toki Pona style.

In the last sentence you have a seperator "e" before a seperator "li" and then a seperator "e". The first "e" is wrong because an "e" can not before a "li".


How would you say that? Kipo says 'jan pi moku ala soweli' is fine. I meant 'ona mute' to be something like 'they' or 'people' but now that I see it it doesn't make sense altogether. It rather should be something like "jan" or "jan mute". Besides, what did bother you? The length of the phrase alone? If so then it's harder to express this idea and a lot of things in toki pona. However, I could agree that long phrases in toki pona are annoying and I prefer to place full stops and break lines if it helps.

>jan mute li pilin e ni: jan pi moku ala soweli li moku e kasi (laso jelo) taso.

jan_Lope wrote:
tenpo pini la mi moku mute e soweli. tenpo ni la mi mute lili kin e soweli. taso mi moku e kala. kala sin li pona tawa mi.


jan mute li moku e kala taso tan ni: jan mute wile kama jan pi moku ala soweli.
ante pi tenpo moku li wawa ala. mi pilin e ni: ni li pona tawa mi.

taso mi mute li sona e ni: kala li soweli kin!

jan Seli wrote:tenpo pini suli la mi moku e soweli. taso tenpo pini lili la mi moku ala e soweli. tenpo ni la mi moku lili e soweli sin.

lon li moku e moli. lon li ni. ni li lon. taso, sina ken moku lili e soweli la, o moku ala e soweli mute.


sina moku e soweli lili tan seme? sina pilin ala pilin ike? mi pilin e jan pi wile sona mute a a a!
o sina pilin e ni: ale li pona.
o lukin e ni.

jan_Lope
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:30 pm
Location: mi lon ma tomo Pelin.
Contact:

Re: soweli en ale

Postby jan_Lope » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:52 am

ffuentes wrote:Besides, what did bother you? The length of the phrase alone? If so then it's harder to express this idea and a lot of things in toki pona. However, I could agree that long phrases in toki pona are annoying and I prefer to place full stops and break lines if it helps.

I was my recommendation only.

'jan pi moku ala soweli' (person of no animal food) is right.
"moku" is here a noun because it is after "pi". Remember the lessons: After "pi" have to be a noun or a pronoun. *
"moku ala" means "no food". "moku ala soweli" means "no animal food".

But "jan mute wile kama jan pi moku ala soweli." is wrong. You need a "li":
"jan mute li wile kama jan pi moku ala soweli."

* Please see the lessons:
The official Toki Pona book by Sonja (2014) page 44:
"The particle pi is used to divide a second noun group that describes the first noun group."
Pijes lessons:
"pi separates a noun from another noun that has an adjective."
http://tokipona.net/tp/janpije/okamasona11.php
Last edited by jan_Lope on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
pona!
jan Lope
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/ (Lessons)
http://rowa.giso.de/languages/toki-pona/dcg/ (Prolog and DCG)

On my foe list are the sockpuppets janKipo and janSilipu because of spamming.


Return to “pali pona | actions and lifestyle | agado kaj vivstilo”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest